Think i have found a good one - sharer :)

juliecwuk

Mar 2, 2006
Wolverhampton
Recently Majors sharer of 18 months gave him up because she decided to buy her own horse. As i have been nearing my due date baby wise i was a bit stressed about replacing her, i basically needed to do it ASAP or wait until the end of May after returning to riding after having the baby....

so placed an advert, had a message within a day off a lady and she came up to meet us.

She is just lovely! late 40's with grown up children (exactly what i was hoping for), owned a horse as a teenager and has continued with trekking all her life but now wants to get back into consistent horsey time.

My main worry was finding a sharer capable of being independent from the start since i am not hacking anymore - well she is perfect :) first day i helped her tack up as i could tell she was slightly unsure in front of me, second day she tacked up on her own no problems, third day she arrived before me and got him in and started getting him ready for our hack. Fourth day she asked if she could go up solo to get to know him better and take him out for solo hack with her friend walking. Fifth day she's been up solo, gone out totally solo, and then helped me feed/hay them for the evening and poo pick - and then has said she will be happy to do that on all her loan days plus any extra that i cant when i have had the baby!

Plus everyone on the yard who has met her have commented on how nice she is :) I really hope she lasts, my main concern is that Mr Major is just so so so good at his job (confidence giving safe happy hacker) that the loaners tend to get their confidence up and then want to do more so buy their own horse!

I am just so relieved, and feel noticeably more relaxed about everything! I also have a lady hacking Moet on weekends which i have surprisingly adjusted to very well, i wouldn't feel right asking her to do any hay/feed/poo pick duties etc as she keeps her horse (who is currently lame) on full livery so if she doesn't choose to do those things with her horse i wouldn't dream of asking her to do mine - but at least i know Moet is still going out and about :)

Last edited:
She sounds just perfect, now you can breath a huge sigh of relief and just concentrate on you and the baby?:smile:

You never know, she might find that hacking Major might be just what she wants long term, not just short term I must say if I were looking he would take my eye thats for sure.:wink:

That's great, just what you need atm.

I have given up looking for someone for Evie atm. I have been too disorganised and the weather has been so rubbish, plus last attempt produced a load of time wasters, texts texts and more text and nothing else lol. Oh dear. Never mind I have been enjoying riding her myself but it would be nice to have some company:smile:

That is fantastic :biggrin: You must be very relieved! I've just put another advert up for a sharer now we are both settled at the new yard, I hope I get one as good as yours!

newrider.com