Things always come in bloomin threes don't they ?

Ruskii

Jun 21, 2000
UK
First one - BIG scary power bill and we are on the cheapest tariff according to three price comparison sites:hot: That put a stop to buying some extra birthday presents for Mini-Ruskii (who is 2 this week where'd THAT go ? :eek: ).

Second one - Need a new boiler, we've been 'nursing' the older one for a few months now, but given how big that bill is, it got us into searching for a new, boiler must have known this and gave up the ghost yesterday. Cold showers aren't fun :banghead:

Third one - This morning hubby comes back from an appointment 'The car has some funny lights come up on the dashboard' phone mechanic - drop car off, told 'it's probably just a sensor that has been knocked, we'll take the wheel off and have a look'. Get The Phone Call - sorry it's not what we thought it was, we've replaced xxxxx but the lights are still up, we'll need to look at it some more but it won't be ready today, maybe Wednesday or Thurs'.

Then I get a phone call - 'Can you start work on Wednesday ?' So I'm getting quotes for a new boiler, and trying to find child care for the next few weeks, typically her school breaks up this week argh ! :banghead: and the car I need to be able to drive whilst the other is in the garage is now on eBay with someone asking if they can view on Wednesday or Thursday :banghead:

Wow - and I thought I was juggling alot of balls.
Is congratulations in order for a new job? Crap about the rest of it, it's good to have a vent on here though isnt it!

Can you put off the buyer until your car's back - a couple of days? Funny question I know, but you don't own a Vauxhall do you? (if so, I'll run for the hills now)..

Can you put off the buyer until your car's back - a couple of days? Funny question I know, but you don't own a Vauxhall do you? (if so, I'll run for the hills now)..

Nope - I've never owned a Vauxhall :)

Good news, boiler has been temporarily fixed. Car can be seen at the weekend, child care sorted, and the temp job I've accepted is a much higher rate that usual all because I can start this week - yahoo ! Hopefully this has landed at the right time so the extra cash can be used for the bills.

But I'm still waiting on hearing about the Discovery still at the mechanics - I have a feeling it's going to be a nasty bill :timebomb:

newrider.com