Thin/ lightweight saddlepad

Sophieandbella

Jan 11, 2022
Hey, can anyone recommend me a brand who do thin/ lightweight cotton saddlepads please?
All these posh padded ones don't sit well under my saddle, anything shiny is out as I have a fat cob so saddle will slip. No tack shops near me so can't look at them in person and hard to judge from pics online. So any suggestions please?

Try looking at Nuumed, I haven't used them in years but they never used to be shiny. I'm not sure you'll buy one without any filling though. Or just ring the online store you use and ask. You may find the cheaper saddlecloths are actually better for what you want

I use premier equine cotton saddle cloths. They do various styles but the bog standard pad fits well, is high wither and just has a small amount of filling so didnā€™t change the fit of the saddle.

Ok thanks I will have a look at either of those. Yes I doubt I'll get one without any filling, just don't want the thick quilted type. There is a decathlon near me so possibly they do cheap ones which may be ok, thanks for your replies šŸ˜Š

I have several different sorts. I like the Dark Horse hi-viz ones but the Nuumed thin numnahs are the best for round cobs in my experience!

newrider.com