They arrived - my Easyboot Gloves!!

TiggerthePony

Jan 8, 2008
Devon
And I am so happy with them (so far..)!! Put them on and did them up, Lily took one step and looked :eek: then carried on and was fine walking normally, walked her up and down in hand and she was fine so tacked her up and we had a 40 minute hack! Had only intended to go up the road to test them on tarmac but she was going so well! They stayed put uphill, downhill and we had a small tester trot all fine and they don't appear to have rubbed (that's what I am paranoid about now)! So far I am really pleased with them and can't wait to have another go tomorrow - it's not easy to keep looking down to check them though!!

Sounds great! I am thinking of getting some of these if they are the right shape for my gelding as he is a little uncomfortable on gravel etc. He has such nice gaits I don't want to shoe him if I can avoid it.

they are a type of boot

DSCN8979.jpg

And her looking less than thrilled about going out for a ride LOL!!
DSCN8976.jpg

There was a horse tied up behind her and she had attitude!

Last edited:
I am really impressed with them so far and waiting for something to go wrong! There are so many faffs with getting boots to fit I can't believe I have brought these and that they just happen to be perfect...!!!

LOL! I think she thinks if she looks miserable enough she will guilt trip me in to giving her her food and putting her back in the field. Luckily ears are generally more pricked once we get going!

Yay glad you sorted something out hun,boots wise.

Please let me know how you get on as you continue to use them,as these are the ones my trimmer recommended I try for Jack if we continue to have problems with the renegades,so would be very interested to know what they are like.

In particular do they twist,do they fit less well when foot starts growing and how easy are they to get on and off.

Would be ever so grateful,and is an excuse to see some pics and hear about the lovely Lily:)

Hiya

Yeah I'll let you know how I get on with them, no twisting on the 3 rides so far including a couple of trots, her feet were trimmed just before I got them so will keep you informed! The first 2 times there were so easy to put on then yesterday for some reason they took me a bit longer (though when I say longer 5 mins instead of 2)!! Very easy to get off too

See that is what I love about the renegades,can put them on in like 30 seconds,and take them off even quicker!! We just seem to be having twisting on one boot,very frustrating.

On the trimming thing my renegades fit much better when first trimmed,it's when we get to about 2-3 weeks after a trim that the problems start,there have even been times when they have been too tight to put on!!

Anyway hopefully yours will be ok,but yes please do keep me informed,will watch with interest;)

For what its worth Ive got a riders rasp (after discussing it with the farrier) and its really handy to keep flare in check between trims. The blades are pretty blunt so they dont affect the balance of the hoof that the farrier/trimmer has done.

It really helps the glove to fit as well at the end of the trim as they do at the beginning.

I know the riders rasp has been given a bit of a bad press in forums but it is practically impossible to hurt yourself or your horse with it and you only need to use it for a minute or 2 when you pick the feet out or just before you boot them. Works for me anyway:rolleyes:

i too will be watching with interest. I've a trimmer coming to measure my youngster up for hoof boots and she was raving about the easyboot gloves. Nice to see a pic of them to visualise what she was talking about!

Last edited:
only took a minute to put on again yesterday, not sure what I was faffing about doing the day before! Really easy to clean too and dried very quickly!!

newrider.com