There will not be a Prouder Mummy than me on NR tonight... Squigs 1st show!!!

Lovejoy

Apr 11, 2007
Kilmacolm
Well what a star!

This was the first ever time at a show and travelling, plaiting etc

She was sooo calm apart from the odd whinny and she totally behaved in her class. The wee pet's not even 1 yet!

I'm literally bursting with pride here so please excuse the rambling.

Heres a piccie for you all.....
kilmacolmshow.jpg

i must say you both did very well!

well done:D

P.S soory i vanished after your OH arrived with your offspring - we were supposed to be following people to the hospitality tent!

hey well done i was watching you in the ring you done real well, my first time there went with yard owner who comes from kilmacolm, think i will take mine there next year for the x c :D

PM - no probs atall, my kids dragged me off to play hook-a-duck!!

lizayr - cheers! It's a nice little show and a good one to start with.

We've got Ingliston next week probably.

She was so tired in the ring that she fell asleep! Bless.

well done again, lovely baby you have, i will look forward to it next year, got a schedule for kilbarchan so will look over that, good luck for next weekend:D:D:D

Can't believe she is not even one year old yet!! She was so well behaved in the ring.

Mine is 10 months old and your class really made me feel bad - I should be out there doing stuff like that with him but have never done showing in my life and it all seems a bit scary!! Mind you, its only a week since all the winter mucking out stopped so there is time yet to aim for a show over the summer! Yikes!!!!

Still can't believe the babies in your class behaved so well, better than that beautiful big 3yr old who was stunning and had a fab time snorting round the ring! He was so funny.....mean that in a nice way....not a bitchy way! Lol.

I was there with Liz to visit my old haunt of Kilmacolm show!! Had a great day catching up with all my old friends that I haven't seen for ages.

Well done to you and your baby!!

What show is on at Ingilston next week?

Thanks!

Its a Ponies (UK) show at Ingliston but its open to all. I'm hoping to do Sports Horse with Squig as we're entered for Royal Highland Sports Horse. Never been to that show before so we'll see....(Look on www.ingliston.com)

I used to be s*** scared of showing too - I had never done it properly until last year, but once you know the etticut and how to get your horse noticed it's pretty straightforward. The only downside is that it is only the judge's opinion so it can lead to disagreements!!!

Thanks!

Its a Ponies (UK) show at Ingliston but its open to all. I'm hoping to do Sports Horse with Squig as we're entered for Royal Highland Sports Horse. Never been to that show before so we'll see....(Look on www.ingliston.com)

I used to be s*** scared of showing too - I had never done it properly until last year, but once you know the etticut and how to get your horse noticed it's pretty straightforward. The only downside is that it is only the judge's opinion so it can lead to disagreements!!!

i'm so glad i you said that because i'd forgotten all about it! i was intending on going but out vet school escapades have set us back a bit but i'm so desperate to get him out and about i dont care if we look silly!! is it the inhand young sportshorse your doing?think i'm doing that too

Very best of luck at Ingilston then and any other classes over the summer. It's a good education for a baby so I guess I will just have to be brave and get on with it -wont matter if I mess it up really.....my first class bound to be a bit daunting but I'm sure I'll get there!!

seems there were a fair few of us from NR at the show yesterday, i have added your diary to my favs lovejoy to keep a keen interest in your clever young filly:D:D

Sorry I didnt get to meet you all on Saturday, I will be at Kilbarchan as well (lead rein with shetland in morning, then pop home to pick up hrosey for late afternoon jumping!). Would love to meet everyone.

Well done on your lovely youngster! Might need to pop over to Ingliston for lunch at the weekend - my OH is away so I have a horsey free babysitting weekend coming up. Daughter loves watching them though, especially if there is a leadrein class.

Just wanted to say that seeing your class on Sat and then learning how young your baby is made me up the anti with my wee guy who is 10 months.

Normally we just do grooming, tiny bit of leading and feet picking....but.....today he had his bit in and wee bridle on for the first time (wos no bother cos I been shoving fingers in his poor wee gob since I got him). Liz and I also put a pony size fleecy bandage on his front leg which he didn't react to so we took that off and put his pink fleecy pony tendon boots on.....he didn't even react to that which I thought he would cos they so rigid/hard on the outer shell for his first time.....such a good boy....and then he went for a walk along the road for the first time in all his pink glory (poor wee sod!! Bet he wishes he was a girlie horse!!!...lol....or wos owned by someone other than his "mid life crisis pink obsessed" mum....ha ha ha....).

Having Liz to work with is fab, she really supportive.

So....we are on the way....in hand class here we come....eventually....

as lucyad has said you know your young ones are the bees knees wont take you long you be out competing all over the place, just like what folk have said about my young girl, who i also was sooo pleased with, we all need to meet up, when is kilbarchan?

newrider.com