There Are other Ponies Out There Like My Jack!

She's a very brave and athletic rider - but did you how she leans forward and clamps herself on with her legs? I'm sure you don't do that, NF. I don't know what set off the rear, though - that was really scary!

I do agree that's one unhappy pony and its definitely not funny.

He did everything he could to be rid of me. That's when we discovered treeless. The bucks just stopped. I had one two hour hack without any events and bought it.

I couldn't see very well on my screen what was going on with the hands, i also changed to bitless around this time because being thrown all over the shop i was worried i was also being the cause.

Unless they've taught it to do that.... Which is hugely irresponsible in itself... There is something seriously wrong with that pony :(

I do know of people who have taught their pony to rear and feel its funny. Each to their own but i don't think its funny.

It looks to me like shes taught it to do that and turned it into a game..Even with tack she has her stirrups crossed and bails , theres no attempt to stay on ,and shes yanking on his mouth too..Poor little pony :(

It proper bucks to get it's ride off doesn't it? But it's funny how it usually waited patiently until she got on and stopped bucking and stood still once he knew she was definitely coming off.

We have all been there off the back over the front out the side, its all part of the rich tapestry of riding horses. I think thats what makes it interesting [sometimes] i have had teeth loosened broken fingers and ribs, clavicles snapped, you would think i would have learned by now that horses can be dangerous.

I would honestly say that the young rider looks as if it's some kind of game. Kudos to her for her guts, but personally I would want to retrain such a nice looking pony to accept a rider without doing its damnedest to get her off.

That really made me laugh. I like the way it was quite happy for her to lie over its back but the minute she got in position it seemed to be 'que buck'.

Indeed we have all been there:giggle: Not as frequently as that girl I have to admit.

It does look like 'learnt' behaviour to me personally. If you look in that video he rears up she falls off, he goes backwards and ends up on the floor and starts munching on the grass? surely a horse in alot of distress would bolt straight up and away from the situation, not tuck in to a tastey snack.

I recall Jack spun me off after being backed 3weeks. I learnt to sit after that, i knew he had it in there and the signs we were going to do a 180 degree. The same as his bucks.
Knowing what he was like if i jumped on bare back in a field i was asking to fall off, then it would become a pattern? Well not asking but more likely then.
You can teach a horse to buck you off-if the rider doesn't stay on. I did ride bareback but picked my places carefully.

Yikes. Doesn't make for easy viewing, the rearing was scary, but weird that the horse isn't even bothered to get back up after. I will probably go to hell, but I have to admit to having a tiny involuntary giggle about half way through when she falls onto his neck and then very slowly slides head first down his neck.
I don't know whats going on with this pony but sometimes it does look as if she was hitting the ejector button, but I'm hardly one to talk about falling off. If you sorted those type of problems NF, then hats off to you for listening.

I will probably go to hell, but I have to admit to having a tiny involuntary giggle about half way through when she falls onto his neck and then very slowly slides head first down his neck.

No i had giggle there too. That's because i have done it. You think your going, then staying but oh dam! you slowly slide off.
the only time he went over was in the water on the xc course. Thank god for safety stirrups!

newrider.com