The Weekend Thread

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
A bit bored so just wondering what everyone is up to?

Don't think we're doing anything exciting. Thought about going to the beach on Sunday but the forecast is shocking for heavy rain and I don't fancy driving in it, even if it cleared up enough to ride by the time we got there. Raf is hopefully being clipped again tomorrow morning, but nothing else to report.

Hopefully some of you will have more interesting plans to relate :)

Busy tomorrow. I'm going down to the local tack shop tomorrow to spend my £100 gift voucher. I saw on Monday on my fb page that they are closing next Monday as the owner is retiring. I was given a gift voucher for Christmas last year from the girl who rides chunky for me but I hadn't been to spend it. So I rang them up and said I couldn't get to the shop before Saturday. They have 35% of rugs and 25% off clothing. So I asked if she had any shires fly rugs and fly masks. She rang me next day to say that she had two fly sheets but no fly masks. Shes put them by for me. They'll be about £4 left to spend so I'm sure I can find something to buy.
Then I'm coming back to round up the 9 cows on the hill and bring them home, who are due to calve starting next week. Hopefully I will get some baby pictures.
Also need to move the sheep round to new pasture and turn my new ram out. Hes been in isolation in the shed for two weeks so he needs to go out and get some grass. Hoping he doesnt go and have a fight with the other rams.
Sunday I'm hoping to go a watch our local half marathon that I'd been training for, unfortunately I've had too many niggles and injuries. I made a decision 6 weeks ago not to do it as I couldnt do the long runs due to the injuries. I'm still training and hopefully if I can stop getting injured I can find one for early next year.

I knew there was something else I'd planned. I need to wash chunky tomorrow so I can clip him Sunday as I've got the physio coming out next week.

Reactions: Bodshi
It depends on the weather!
Storm coming in from 3pm apparently until Tuesday.
Windy until then, but will see how windy. If it's blown off the horse windy I won't do anything other than that we can do something.

I've got few plans, Jess had her last bute yesterday morning so it depends on how her leg looks today if I get to ride or not. I've got a few hours behind the bar in the local social club tonight but at least they have TV and Internet there, a big storm yesterday evening took out my net at home and they are saying possibly Tuesday before it's fixed.

Working until my eyes can't stay open any longer today...............lol I'm really going to enjoy Sunday and Monday though as that's my weekend. Weather isn't too bad here (just jinxed it most likely). Think tomorrow and Monday will just be about doing a whole lot of nothing. I've some chores outside I wanted to do, but if the weather turns it won't happen anyway. I have some goodies that I haven't had a chance to use or play with yet - so will have a go with those too. (Some girly things like makeup and some techy things, new iphone and watch). :D

I've got few plans, Jess had her last bute yesterday morning so it depends on how her leg looks today if I get to ride or not. I've got a few hours behind the bar in the local social club tonight but at least they have TV and Internet there, a big storm yesterday evening took out my net at home and they are saying possibly Tuesday before it's fixed.

Hecky that must have been a bad storm! We don't lose power for that long even up here normally.

Hope you’re back up and running soon Jessey.

Poor Levi is a bit sore and swollen again at his op site, so back on antibiotics and hand-walking. Took him out for a potter around this morning and some grass. He hasn’t had much opportunity to graze until now, and he’s a bit nonplussed...

You mean I’m supposed to pluck grass from the dirt with my mouth?! Ew.

Otherwise I’m doing a bit of online shopping this weekend - we need rugs particularly because nothing of D’s will fit him.

Clipped Brodie last night after work as his owners daughter going XC today. I'm working sadly. I've started volunteering at a wildlife charity so excited to be there tomorrow morning. Then going for a walk, soaking ales feet and hope to ride depending on the weather!

Saturday mornings now are getting the boss lady onto her dialysis machine, then coming home with the walkie-talkies so that she can buzz me if there are any problems. She's on it for 4 hours so this morning i did some housework and some keto baking. We've had a couple of hellish days with it this week but today was a good day and it all went smoothly.... phew!

Later this afternoon I have a lady coming to tidy up the top of Gracie's tail. I had it thinned out last year and now it looks like a bog brush and I don't have a clue how or where to start!!

I reported a few weeks ago that G had moved yards, via a week in a friend's fatty paddock. I'd had to move to the yard and friend's landlord wasn't happy but he's now backed down and done a 180 on his decision so G moved back there on Thursday. The new yard was lovely but very expensive. I've left on great terms, so if friend and I ever fall out, I know I have a possible yard. So tomorrow Dom is coming work me to put up rug rails, name plate etc. Other than that, the weather forecast is atrocious so I won't be doing much else!!

Well this time last week I was sunning myself on a Greek island doing nothing but swimming and reading and wearing next to nothing, just enjoying the scenery and the 32 degrees.
Back at work now thanks to the CAA, although I wouldn’t have minded having to spend a few extra days on holiday.
I have noticed though its flipping freezing, not been able to get warm since we got back brrrr!

Well this time last week I was sunning myself on a Greek island doing nothing but swimming and reading and wearing next to nothing, just enjoying the scenery and the 32 degrees.
Back at work now thanks to the CAA, although I wouldn’t have minded having to spend a few extra days on holiday.
I have noticed though its flipping freezing, not been able to get warm since we got back brrrr!

Were you with Thomas Cook? We flew back (from a Greek island) with them a couple of days before they went belly up. Such a shame.

Worst thing about having a holiday this time of year is having to cover up your newly acquired tan when you get home ...

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Hope you’re back up and running soon Jessey.

Poor Levi is a bit sore and swollen again at his op site, so back on antibiotics and hand-walking. Took him out for a potter around this morning and some grass. He hasn’t had much opportunity to graze until now, and he’s a bit nonplussed...

View attachment 100069

You mean I’m supposed to pluck grass from the dirt with my mouth?! Ew.

Otherwise I’m doing a bit of online shopping this weekend - we need rugs particularly because nothing of D’s will fit him.

Oh my goodness, see what you mean about the mane. Poor boy, hope he heals up soon.

Haha, Raf used to be like that with the grass too, even now he's very selective and particular with his grazing. I love to watch him testing everything with his lips, rejecting some bits and taking what must be the nicer stuff. Unlike our other horse who basically hoovers everything up in front of him.

Reactions: Feawen
Well I've just been and spent all my savings. Two new lightweight rain sheets. They will both be for chunky as they didnt have any bigger ones left.
Two fly sheets for next year.
New hi viz riding coat as the zip gave up on mine current one last week.
New set of reins as both sets on Billies two bridles have worn through the rubber coating and the pimples have worn away I've used them so much.
A couple of likits.
Every item was either 25% or 40% discount and with my voucher. I reckon it was about half price. So not a bad shop really.

Tomorrows forecast was supposed to be yuck but it looks as though it's coming in earlier. So pouring from 7pm tonight and dying out by mid morning.

@Jessey The last time we had a lightning strike it sizzled our phones. We had to go and buy new ones.

Were you with Thomas Cook? We flew back (from a Greek island) with them a couple of days before they went belly up. Such a shame.

Worst thing about having a holiday this time of year is having to cover up your newly acquired tan when you get home ...
We were yes, I’m guessing you were on Zante? I could probably have waved at you as we were back on Kefalonia
I got quite annoyed at the airport listening to moaning whingers, ‘oh no we’re delayed, whatever shall we do’
They should be grateful and thankful it isn’t their livelihood going down the toilet that’s what they should do! I feel for everyone who lost there jobs, including the hoteliers, cleaners, pool attendants, linen services, tavernas etc, they stand to lose out most, thankfully for them it’s almost the end of the season.
And yes, we always go September and without fail we come back to jumpers and long trousers and possibly hats and scarves too. :oops:

Had a lovely few hours at the field and with my guys today. Nice hack on Comet after some initial freshness! Went by the farm and gave the ewe lambs a shout and they came to say hello :) Chilled this afternoon before heading back to the field,put comets rug on tonight as he came in shivering for the 1st time this morning. Torin is getting a bath on tue to clip him on Thursday (im working wed) before he gets any hairier and hotter, im now home enjoying greys anatomy.

Met some other sheep last night, I want a Suffolk sooooo bad i love them!

Tomorrow I'm having a lie in then heading for a ride,going to take Comer over to a part if the farm i haven't been to with him before to see if he will cross a burn there. I've crossed the other part of the burn but this isnt quite as inviting to go into so we will see :)

Highlight of today was getting a photo of Tigger lying on his mattress :D

FB_IMG_1569699490031.jpgFB_IMG_1569699919015.jpgFB_IMG_1569699945657.jpgFB_IMG_1569699929984.jpgFB_IMG_1569699950802.jpg

Last edited:
We were yes, I’m guessing you were on Zante? I could probably have waved at you as we were back on Kefalonia
I got quite annoyed at the airport listening to moaning whingers, ‘oh no we’re delayed, whatever shall we do’
They should be grateful and thankful it isn’t their livelihood going down the toilet that’s what they should do! I feel for everyone who lost there jobs, including the hoteliers, cleaners, pool attendants, linen services, tavernas etc, they stand to lose out most, thankfully for them it’s almost the end of the season.
And yes, we always go September and without fail we come back to jumpers and long trousers and possibly hats and scarves too. :oops:

We were actually on Rhodes this time. A couple of the kids and their partners came with us so we just looked for a suitable villa on any of the islands. Don't think I'd particularly go back to Rhodes though. We actually went to Skiathos in June as well. That was lovely and we're planning on going back next year. June was a really nice time to go because the days were so long and I didn't get cold in the evenings, as I tend to in September. Plus I could wear shorts when I got back. Only amongst friends though - it's not a sight that I would inflict on the general public :p

newrider.com