The weather in the USA

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
I'm so shocked to read that some places will be 45 degrees below their usual average temperature. I also saw that there were warnings in place for frostbite and temperatures of a feel of -40°C to -55°C!

I hope everyone over there on here and everyone they know is okay. I can't begin to imagine how hard it is to care for animals and to go about daily life in those temperatures.

Maybe you are set up better for the cold that I/we are in this country but it still must be very hard!

Scary isn’t it, I don’t think the areas being hit by this are set up to deal with it at all.
Did anyone see the article yesterday that was saying predictions are that next summer will be even hotter than this year.
Will we never learn that we are killing our planet. 😢

Reactions: Trewsers
Some parts of the US and Canada are way way better prepared to deal with the cold than we are, our weather is so temperate by comparison.

I camped and worked in the mountains at -30c, yes it was damn cold, but that was much drier than we normally get here so it was easier to manage.

My friends mum slid off the road one November into a little ditch, they went back the next morning to pull it out but it had frozen in, so they didn’t get her truck back until the following April when everything finally thawed!

newrider.com