The times they are a changing.....

LunaRose

Apr 10, 2010
Well I have been away for a few weeks as I tustled with a big decision and then waited with baited breath to see how they would pan out.

I was approaced by a woman who had looked at Candy when she was up for sale with a possible swap for her 14.1 cob mare. She wanted something bigger, that jumped and was more forward going (which was definately Candy). To begin with I was still sure I was keeping Candy but fast forward a couple of more hacks where I had to swap horses with a friend because she kept trying to gallop off with me I agreed to look into the swap. Molly is very quiet, 10-11 years old, green in the school, doesn't jump but hacks out like a dream and is very sweet natured. I haven't posted about her because to be honest I just couldn't bear to post another big introduction post about my perfect quiet horse only to be posting a couple days later about the devil horses I had been landed with.

Three weeks on (including a season) and Molly hasn't put a foot wrong. Hacked her out on her first day and have been riding ever since, the girls have all been able to start riding too! My friend is schooling her gently to help her with transitions etc but she is exactly what I have been looking for all these months.

I have been finding it very hard to bond with her tho and am still incredibly nervous. I think after everything that happened with Ringo and Candy I am just waiting for things to go wrong again, I almost feel like if I relax then everything will go bad again.

For now tho I am finally really enjoying having a horse, who knew you could just go get your horsey from the field, groom it, love it, ride it and then put it back in the field without a fight anywhere along the way???

38226_448883680308_685540308_6650509_8203170_n.jpg

37763_448884945308_685540308_6650536_5471327_s.jpg

35375_449204355308_685540308_6660411_5673549_s.jpg

I am glad that you have found 'the one' at last. I would not worry about bonding so soon. It can literally take months to get that bond and some times you will not even no you have it until something happens.

very nice by the way.

Really happy for you.:wavespin:

Molly is a beauty.:wub:

I understand you having trouble bonding after what you have been through, just your mind looking out for you.
Sure it will come, the main thing is you are enjoying being with your horse.:happy:

Fantastic news I can understand why you kept quiet not wanting to tempt fate and all that. by they way she is lovely looking:angel::wub:

Molly looks lovely - I really hope things work out for you. I can honestly say it took almost a year for Rusty and I to bond, and now - it's what I had always hoped for.

She is very lovely :inlove: and i know what you mean by not wanting to share her whilst you get used to each other, i am still holding my breath with my boy waiting for something to happen, as after the horse i had on trial before him, it took her a couple of weeks to start changing :ninja: from a sweet quiet mare to something i was very scared of getting on! Good luck and i am looking forward to up dates x x And more photos she is gorgeous!! x x

She looks like a total sweetie!!

I wouldn't worry about bonding just yet, this will come as you relax and start to enjoy your riding

I'm so glad you've gotten such a lovely beastie, schooling can be worked on temperament not so much! If you forget about trying to bond with her and just relax and enjoy her one day you'll get up to the yard and she'll do something and you'll realise that you have bonded x

Thank you everyone. I hacked her out again this evening and we lunged her for the first time yesterday - she was a star. She is so gentle and easy going I feel very fortunate to have found her at last. We moved out of hell stable yesterday into the nicer stable block where my friends are which is a bonus!

I'm so pleased to hear you have found Molly. She's gorgeous, and sounds a real sweetie. You deserve some luck after your previous bad experiences, and the difficult time you have had recently.

Wishing you all the best with Molly. Please keep us updated, and we'd love to see more photos.

good luck with Molly, she is lovely.
I too had a loan that wasnt right for me and it knocked the confidence I thought i had!
New boy is a gentleman and i just take it day by day.
Only been a few weeks and we havent bonded but i do love him a lot already and his extra special mollases covered slobber in my cheek this morning was quite touching :redface:

Good Luck with molly!!!

Its a shame when horses are sold as perfect for what the person is looking for then turnout not to be.

Wishing you more happiness and fun with her.

nikki xxx

Thanks guys, we are going from strength to strength at the moment. My confidence is coming back and yesterday I just had the most wonderful hack, even trotted for half of it! I had no nerves, just the simple joy of riding my pony. Going to school her a bit tonight, tho to tell the truth we both will be being schooled.

She is so good, the children have been riding most days.

This is my youngest daughter on her a couple of days ago...
samandmolly.jpg

Wow what a find, she sounds so ideal for you and your family - it sounds like you are enjoying every minute with her which is fantastic. Have you heard how the lady is getting on with Candy?

She is loving Candy. Her daughter is jumping her and they are using her in the riding school to teach adults to jump. She knows her job so well that they only have to point her at the jump and off she goes, then the rider just has to work on their position whilst she does the leg work.

Altogether I think we are both much happier.

newrider.com