The things children say... (horsey related)

SavingGrace

Jun 27, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow...
Took my young niece up the yard today to give holly some apples and let her meet the other ponies and book her in for her 2nd riding lesson on one of my YO's old lads Akai... On the way home Evie told me she is going to ride 4 horses next sunday... I said ok which ones are you going to ride? She said Akai, Princess Holly and 2 of the donkey horses... I said I dont think there is any donkeys at the yard Evie and she promplty told me that it was the ones that looked like cows :lol:

Heehee

Years ago we'd someone staying with us who had a 3 y/o daughter who wanted to go riding, so for a laugh I taught her to shout "giddy up horsey" in preparation for the lesson ... we get there, put her on the pony and I asked her "what do you say?" she looks at the RI and says "thank you very much"

oh well ...

Heehee

Years ago we'd someone staying with us who had a 3 y/o daughter who wanted to go riding, so for a laugh I taught her to shout "giddy up horsey" in preparation for the lesson ... we get there, put her on the pony and I asked her "what do you say?" she looks at the RI and says "thank you very much"

oh well ...

hahahaha:p
i taught my YO's son to say
"woah, stand, walk on and careful"

everytime he rides harvey he now says
WOAH and WALK ON
he walked him over a X pole after id been jumpin him and we taught him the "jumping position"

he walked harvey upto the yard block where his mum was (YO) and he told her allll about what he'd been doing
got so excited started bouncing up and down on harveys back
he got off and hugged harveys leg and went

"aww harvey..walk on"

:p

my two and a half year old neice is just starting to talk in sentences. She is pony mad, she will come up to me and say "dandi, dandi I died dar on the dumps" and "I died dar" translation..."Mandi, Mandi. May I ride Star over the jumps" and "I ride Star"...I lurve her!

Brooklyn's owner once very kindly took my daughter "horse-babysitting" so I could school. She put the kiddie Western saddle onto one of the very old, very quiet polo ponies, and took my daughter out for a little pootle round the fields. We never heard the end of it from my daughter!

"I rode a polo pony"

"I rode in the field by myself"

"I go hacking on polo ponies" (told to her new class at school - God knows what sort of people they thought we were!)

The final outcome was that she complained her riding lessons were boring because the pony was too small and she went too slowly. I've never bothered to ask C what they actually DID when they went off over the fields :eek:

So it's not a child, but its my dad.

We were at a ODE with my sister, watching her warm up. There's a gelding in the warm up ring too, making the gelding noise with his sheath.

Dad: "What's that noise Judith?"

Mum: " It's the noise that geldings make when they're moving"

Dad: "Well I don't make that noise when I run."

:eek:

Parents are terrible sometimes!

Bump just to keep this going- these threads make my day at work so much more entertaining- I love them!

love these

when on holiday once me and my son(who was about 10 at the time) stopped to talk to 2 ponies in a nearby field, when they walked off, one flicked its tail showing its bits and pieces (mare)
my son (being very naive) went 'ugh, whats that?'
I told him it was the horses bum
'well', he said, 'Im glad mine isnt like that' :p

my YO daughter told me the other day the she was going to ride at "that big horse show burghley" this year, (she is 5:p) what she ment to say was she it going to ride at that "rather large local show :D" it is deffinatly not burghtley as we are at the wrong end of the country for it :D
bless her

My daughter informed me this weekend that you squeeze out soaked sugar beet in a muslim. I think she meant muslin......

I taught a friend's kid to shout "giddy up horses" when watching racing on the telly, trouble was everytime something came on the telly where she could see grass she'd start shouting.

Was rather amusing when it was snooker ...

Sorry to the person who said this... but it always makes me chuckle :p

We were chatting about checking saddle position or similar, and I was talking about looking down at the withers when you are on board to check if saddle is central. I said it would be more obvious with high withers. Person replied with "I don't know where you mean, Ive never ridden a horse with withers".... I think we meant with obvious withers :p

My other favourite is my little cosuin - she is pony mad - she looks like the thelwell kid - been to PC camp and everything with pony (she is starting school this Sept). She could never pronounce "because".. instead it came out as "pith-off - which when in a sentence by annimated 2.5 yr old... doesnt exactly sound like because :D

Slightly wrong as not said by a child but i had to laugh the other day, sat in the tack room with a new livery and her very un-horsey boyfriend arranging for her new horse to have his front shoes done. She commented that when he was in proper work she would have a full set on.
He asks how much? told £35 now will be £70 when he has full set.
He almost spat his coffee out and told her that the horse can have the fronts replaced and the old front shoes put on the back- works perfectly well with his car and that was that- NO WAY was she having 4 shoes every 6 weeks:D
had to smile at that!

Mines a bit freaky...

The one and only time my youngest (4 at the time) has ever said anything like this to me 'mummy, don't ride today, Bas will make you fall off'. I didn't take any notice at all at the time so merrily went on my way to ride my horse and low and behold he has an absolute fit in the middle of the road for no reason and I came off and broke my shoulder :eek:

Never before and never since has she said anything like that, how did she know?? Freaky little child, will listen to her if she ever says it again :p

When I was on the bus to college with my non-horsey friend, she spotted some ponies.

She said "Oooh look, a horse!"
Me "Oh yeah, its a pony though"
She said "Same thing, they grow up into horses"

:rolleyes:

So it's not a child, but its my dad.

We were at a ODE with my sister, watching her warm up. There's a gelding in the warm up ring too, making the gelding noise with his sheath.

Dad: "What's that noise Judith?"

Mum: " It's the noise that geldings make when they're moving"

Dad: "Well I don't make that noise when I run."

:eek:

Parents are terrible sometimes!

:( I dropped my ice cream on the floor because of this! :p

My OH asked if quartermarks were tattoos =/

Hahaha a child at the riding school i work at asked if she could 'de-tack' the ponies today!
That made me chuckle!!

newrider.com