The Single Rancher Girl's Diary

Good luck! You sound very determined and obviously know what you are doing. Sometimes in life you have to take a risk. You have a very busy few months ahead of you but you will soon be seeing the benefits.

Reactions: KarinUS
Ooh I have only just seen this. Good luck with everything! I'm single as a lifestyle choice and am all for "women doing it for themselves", this sounds like a brilliant fresh start for you. Who needs a man when you have brains and ambition and your lovely horses :cool:

My hay delivery had been rescheduled a couple of times due to rain (don't want the hay to get wet on the way here) but today is supposed to be the day... Hope this works out well! :-\

hay1.jpg

They came!

hay2.jpg

They stacked my barn super nicely!

hay3.jpg

And my picky horses eat it!

Very pleased with this. I can do this. :)

When you meet someone who is pretty decent, and likes the things you like... it does make you realise how much you have put up with the in the past ! You sound very happy right now! :)

Feeling pretty overwhelmed with it all right now. My new business is starting -which means lots of little problems to attend to. And my old business is still going strong. Self-employment is exciting but it can also be rough and scary. There's nobody to shove your problems to. It's all on me. :(

And suddenly I feel really lonely here about the divorce. All of my family lives in Europe. Suddenly I will be alone here again the in the US...

Having a bit of a pity party right now. I wish I could just move back home and live with my parents! LOL

Things with the guy I am seeing are a bit uncertain... as one would expect: going through a divorce is obviously not ideal time to see somebody. Plus he has his kids and I've got mine. So finding time can be a challenge.

And when things are already stressful it's a bit unfair to expect all that reassurance from somebody you just started going out with.

Oh well... moving forward and see where everything falls when the dust settles!

A "pity party" I love it!

I have 2 self employed jobs and it is scary and uncertain and worrying, so lots of empathy from this side of the pond. As for seeing someone, I don't know how you find the time at all! But I'm glad you have something even vaguely on the horizon.

Are you committed to staying in the US? You don't feel tempted to move back to Europe? It would bring Minnie closer to all of us who want to steal her.... ;)

Unfortunately I can't move back since my children are American. I'd either have to abandon or kidnap them. ;)

Things are good here though.
I got confirmation from the bank that I qualified for the mortgage loan.

My divorce will be final on October 20th and I can close on the house and property on November 20th.
:)

Work is going well.

I broke it off with Mr Iffy. :(
...and went on a lovely date last night with Mr Wow. :) I've never been so pampered on a first date! Impressive. It was a really nice evening although I must say he's probably a bit out of my league -very handsome, successful and generous... I've been dumped by bigger losers. LOL

But I enjoyed my night out regardless. I am just not holding my breath in regards to hearing from him again

I am having a great time redecorating and painting and making this place MINE. I've been married to Mr WhiteWalls for over a decade so now I am craving color and happiness. ;)

Lovely to see you back Karin and lots of best wishes for all your ventures!! You are a strong woman, you can succeed without a man! I'm a firm believer everyone has a soul mate. If I learned one lesson from my dating blog, it's not to try too hard. They will find you :)

Reactions: Gimp and KarinUS
Lovely to hear from you again and I'm glad that you are moving forward and keeping positive. Enjoy the dating, you never know what will happen!

Just to say though - even American children sometimes learn how to live in other countries ;)

They do...but I don't necessarily want to start an international incident. :eek:
Their dad most definitely would object and we don't really need to involve the state department in our parenting.

target.jpg

bow.jpg

So there was a nice ending to Mr Iffy after all.
Besides kayaking I have taken up archery in recent month. It's quite fun.

Mr Iffy has always been an avid hunter and has owned a bow for a very long time.

We dated for 5 months and things felt a bit off (I think he is still not quite over his divorce) so when I asked how he saw us he said he saw me as one of his best friends... nice but not what I needed to hear. After 5 months one could expect to be somebody's girlfriend no?

So I called it off then. But we've stayed in touch (because I am nice like that). And Tuesday when I was shooting my bow after I dropped the kids off at school I texted him a blib saying you should play hookey and come shoot with me.
Obviously that was a rhetorical teaser... not a serious invitation.

But he took off work and actually came today to join me this morning. He even brought breakfast. And he brought only three arrows, two of which had no tip!
So I loaned him my arrows.

And then I out shot him... over and over again. :)

He may not want me as a girlfriend but at least I made a great impression walking away.

In the end he stood there for a moment (we used to be quite affectionate) but I just cheerfully told him bye. Obviously no making out with 'great friends'.

I still feel a bit sad about it but I handled it really well today and I am proud of that.

Now to see when I have my next date with Mr Wow and Mr Dazzled

Reactions: Calluna
Mr Dazzled is a very nice, very smart man ... just not as 'hot' as Mr Wow. But he is trying hard and seems quite dazzled with me.
I am in no hurry and after the ordeal with Mr Iffy I just feel like dating and checking people out rather than settling on anybody in specific. Mr Dazzled would like me to settle for him I think.

newrider.com