The Power Of Advertising, Certain Types Of Person?

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
I am guilty of being in at the wrong time and catching the wrong adverts! I have been seeing the camera ones and these new iphone that you talk and it does everything. So i conclude that i don't need that and my phone does have voice option that i never use.
But, cue accidentally finding a phone buddy! It is sort of fun by the time i have chosen the background, sex hair and voice.
It reads my texts because up until now i have been incapable

:mstickle:

I am happy with my phone it does do what i "needed" to do. When photography went all digital i had to go with. I stopped covering shows about 4 years ago, it just wasn't cost effective. Though freelance is if you get hired to cover and not have stall. But with digital i found people did their own photos and had their own photo programmes. But it was fun while it lasted.

With the website people would email attachments and then i could just upload. Now i can do it all at the touch of a button.

I feel though all these gadgets do not save us time, they encourage us to cram more in it. My friend is on the verge of a breakdown and this could be work related. The office no longer stays at the office. Her work comes home, her phone is never quiet.

There is good and bad to all branches of the internet and technology. For example, OH and I run our own business (will not bore you with the details on here) but suffice it to say that the mobile phone and ihpone have been both good and bad for us. We get calls from clients at the strangest hours (he's not a doctor or emergency worker but you wouldn't think so at times!!!) and sometimes you feel as though you cannot even be ill in peace. Yes we could switch it off, but then again, we aren't made of money and only have the one phone (have a pay as you go for emergencies) but my parents are getting on in years and I need to be able to stay in touch with them, hence not turning the main phone off ( we don't have BT at home either).
I guess sometimes it is an infringement of privacy - mobiles can be so invasive. Even when at the dentist one can get pestered!!! On the other hand it has enabled us to trade from home or on the go - which is no mean feat in these hard times, staff are at a shortage for us - basically we cannot afford many, so multi-task ourselves.
And of course it goes without saying, I spend FAR too much time on here when I should be updating our website..............lol

My phone used to be so busy, now a days, i'll be lucky to get a message from 02 offering me a fiver if I top up by such a date.. and every time I do need it, it will need charging up because I haven't been using it...

newrider.com