The I was going to do thread....

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Bit like the procrastinator thread the other week..........lol

For anybody who wants to join in.......

Here are some of the things I want / need to get done this weekend (between working of course!).

1. I am going to wash my grooming kit
2. I am going to undo and polish Joe's old bridle and my own
3. I am going to unpack the box I brought from my last yard and finally get around to using or binning the stuff in there!

Okay, over to you..............

(Am going to come back to this thread later next week and see what I actually got done!)

I'm going to mow the lawn, plant my flowers/veggies out, clean the house, do the washing, go shopping, mend some of my kids clothes, mend the wheel on my pushchair, clean my tack, clean my grooming kit.

In reality I will look after my kids and ride my horse. Other than the essentials I doubt anything else will get done!

Like this thread.

I am going to weed, put more plants in, and mulch borders in my garden. Might also buy bedding plants and make up pots and baskets.

Work out what to do with mums garden, including rotevator research.

Clean tack and grooming kit.

Poo pick.

Ride.

Possible fun dog show Monday.

Phew list got long...

All this has to wait as I'm away this weekend but I need to:

Clean Joy's tack, which is minging, even by my standards!

Order some hi viz leg wraps or boots as one floated away when I did the river ride.

Buy more mane and tail detangler and use it!

Buy another combination lock for the gate

Give Littles a thorough going over with the shedding blade and giggle at his wobbly lower lip when I do.

Oh gawd i belong to this thread!!

I need to -
Clean tack
Order flash attachment, rubber bit rings and stable toy
Find trophy to buy for upcoming show (am donating it)
Find names and addresses of tack shops in Dundee Edinburgh Glasgow Aberdeen to send show posters to on the off chance some peeps might come from further afield.
Write four months worth of my diary for here
Clean flat
Ride
Run
Go see parentals

I think I'll just get drunk tonight and do none of it!

Clean the house! I have started, wanted to get it all done this afternoon but i wont. I've been up since 3.30 as was working early this morning and now feel too tired.

Rosie has been on full livery today so I didn't have to rush from work and could get the house sorted! Now I'm about to go up the yard anyway so that was pointless! :giggle: I just CAN'T not go to see her!

Being tired will stop the housework but it doesnt stop me going for a snuggle with the horse. Nor will it stop the consumption of wine tonight!:giggle:

One thing I MUST do is finally sort out the change of ownership on her passport!!:redface:

Clean my House.........thats my priority........

Then the Yard.........usually do it the other way around and the House gets a 'quick' once over whilst the Yard is sparkling.

Clean the Horses.......they are like Mud Monsters:giggle: Clifford being the worst as he has only decided this week that he likes rolling in the MUD:giggle:

Start a big clear out of all the stuff I have at the Yard, decide what is 'useful' and bin or sale the rest (bet I DON'T and put it all back in my box just 'incase')

Go to the Hat Hire Shop with my Wedding outfit and 'DECIDE' which top I am going to wear and ORDER the matching HAT !!!!

NOT GET ANNOYED when my Hubby comes home tonight absolutely blotto
as he is out drinking most of the Day with his Mates and His Mate's Son who is 18 today, and then decides he wants to talk for half the night !:wink::giggle::biggrin:

One thing I MUST DO this week is sort the 3rd bedroom.....it literally has bags and bags of clothes belonging to ALL OF US from when the
Boys and their Girfriends lived here and stuff I and Hubby have in bags...........The Charity Shop is gonna be overloaded, I have been putting it off and putting it off but now its getting too me ! I am on Annual Leave until next Thursday so have to do it before then !

Last edited:
Well, I didn't do anything off my original list!
I have however, managed to:

weed the front garden (boo hiss, my most hated outdoor job!!!)
poo picked a 5 acre field (there was a LOT of plop!)
hoovered the house from top to bottom after the plumber came and wreaked havoc last week and Mr T has finished sawing bits of wood to add to his train collection (don't ask!!!)
dried about a million loads of washing!
changed the bedding
finished this months Your Horse magazine (that was the BEST part of yesterday apart from riding!)
rode Storm TWICE in one day (she was not impressed but I enjoyed myself!lol)

After all that lot though - I had a mid afternoon nap (its my age you know........hehehehee)

I am going to revise for my final exam on Weds and not muck about doing nothing! Shame I have a stinking cold and feel like poo as it means all I want to do is sleep :(

newrider.com