the healthy thread - twas the week before xmas...

cvb

Oct 23, 2001
Scotland
'twas the week before christmas
and all through the house
are chocolates and goodies
and all sorts of other things I need to ignore !

I posted lasts week's thread in the cafe, and claimed to have lost a stone in a year - and of course now its been cleared out so I can't correct it ! It was HALF a stone :rolleyes: but I blame the cold (most unhealthy) that I was going down with ;)

Am doing ok with the festive food thing... as long as it isn't in front of me :eek: Went to carol concert (and croaked my way through the hymns) and couldn't quite resist the nibbles afterwards...

but at least I had only had a small dinner and no dessert beforehand:eek:

Didn't ride at the weekend as the ground was frozen solid.. but did take various horses for walks on the stubble field, so that was probably better for my fitness than riding :cool: (But remind me next time - running up a slope when you have a cough is NOT such a great idea :rolleyes: )

even MORE point over the next few weeks cos of all that temptation ! Not just the food thing, but the "let's slob on the sofa and watch telly" thing...

But I have other plans for that time off work :D

Mum is going to try and get a saddler out this week for the new pony, so we will need to do more work with her (ground permitting) - I can't ride her (too heavy) but I can long rein and so on which is great fittening work... for me ;)

If the weather is good, I could try get my trailer loading videoed :D

And sort more of the house out - not many boxes left now... tho one of them has my christmas tree in it ! :mad:

AND we get an extra day this side of the border :D so after Friday I'm off til 4th :D

well, im going to be riding a lot over the christmas hols, so that should keep me fit :D

its too late - ive given up already. fully intend to start again on the 1st though ;) ;) (maybe)

I started this morning. You're right cvb. Looked at the scales for the first time in ages and thought shock horror. Stopped at a garage to buy a bottle of water. Daughter says I dont drink enough in winter and if I did, I wouldnt eat.

I saw the dietician on Monday & she wasn't worried about my weight gain (10 pounds in 7 months) but I said I'd rather start losing it now than pile on another ten.
So I'm keeping a food diary & seeing her again on Wednesday.
If I could just pass the medical & get back to work in January , that would be half the battle.
I've stocked up on salad stuffs, fruit & veg.....no chocolate, cakes or crisps.
Told the parents that when they come over for Christmas lunch they can bring goodies with them & then take them home again, so as not to leave temptation here ;) .
I see the surgeon early January & if I get the all clear can start riding again....that, plus long Dog walls should get me back on track.
Good Luck to You All in the following week:D

pspforfu.gif

F~F xxx

Horses are Us©

Was that one MORE pound I saw added to the scale today?? What is the matter with me? I have never not been able to lose weight right away. Of course I did go to two holiday lunches at work and eat a bunch of the biscotti that I made for gifts. And I am not exercising much . . .

Ok cvb - here's the plan - you walk up here to get Christmas dinner, do my mucking out, take the 6 dogs out for a walk - and I only give you half portions!! Does that sound fair???
I bet she comes up in the car and eats full portions, and I have to do my own mucking out - anyone want to take on the bet????

you walk up here to get Christmas dinner, do my mucking out, take the 6 dogs out for a walk - and I only give you half portions!! Does that sound fair???

er no - it doesn't sound very fair !!

(a) walk up. Possible. Weather dependent ! (and cough dependent - a few days to go yet tho, so it may be better)
(b) do YOUR mucking out. Will already have done ours. And do you really want me mucking out in my dinner finery and coming to the table all stinky ?? (mmm - maybe you'd better not answer that ! ;) )
(c) take the 6 dogs out for a walk... after dinner ? and the "able bodied" ones ? Also possible and (weather dependent) I'll have "walking shoes" from my walk up ! :p
(d) half-portions... sounds good. But then half-portions of christmas dinner tends to add up to at least 3 "normal" meals - especially with the vegetarian option added in :rolleyes:

newrider.com