The Gypsy Cob Society

budgiebone

Oct 11, 2005
lancashire
I have recently purchased a pony who has a Gypsy Cob Society passport, issued in Cumbria. I have tried to ring the telephone number on the passport to find out transfer cost, and I am getting a discontinued tone. I have tried emailing, but have had no reply, and I have also tried looking at the National Equine Data base and there is no mention of the Gypsy Cob Society. I have also emailed defra, I have had no reply of anyone. Does anyone have any ideas what I should do next?

I have a similar problem, If the horse is coloured see if CHAPS can overwrite the passport, or try The Pleaure Horse Society they where very helpful.

Yep I would suggest Pleasure Horse Society as well, they were very
helpful when I bought a Shetland, then found he had no passport:eek:
Luckily he was still with his Breeder and apparently she did not 'believe' in Passports............

However he had been microchipped and gelded at Langdon Vetinary Hospital and they confirmed all this allowing me to
get his Passport quite easily. Pleasure Horse were very helpful they contacted Langdon for confirmation etc.,directly, and the
Passport was issued after a bit of paperwork flying too and fro to be signed.

Last edited:
Usually you can get your passport 'over stamped' by another passport issuing agency. My Haffie had German passport, but I got it amended by the Hafflinger GB society.

newrider.com