The Ginger Pony with pictures

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
I got back on board about two weeks ago and the boy has just got better and better.

Stepped up the flat work as we had gone off the boil and lacked direction and today it paid off he was super a real pleasure to ride I can't stop grinning he just felt amazing.

We went to Addington Manor on Saturday it was really tough very busy with big classes and a very busy warm up. He worked in well and only had one wobble. Went to walk to the first arena and he spooked a full on rear and spin, well that woke me up. The tests was OK until he spooked on both canters dropping those marks to 4. The judge was very nice and her comments were 'shame about the excited moments but very well rode'

Second test went better but I struggled to remember two test and had a wobble costing us 2 points but really happy with the test.

We came 5th in the prelim out of 18 was very pleased. Addington is so scary the winner only got 66 we had 63.85% getting placed there is something I have been trying to do for 3 years so very happy and another 63 for the novice so came home with not only a ribbon and prize money but a huge smile.

I finally got my new jumping saddle and wow what a difference. We had our first lesson on grass this year and it did take him 15 minutes to calm down but once I pointed him at a jump he was off. Another lesson yesterday (I was very very hungover, the whole barn watched waiting for me to throw up or fall off LOL) same field and he was perfect not one waving hoof.

Next weekend I have my first comp for the RAF so very excited. All I want i nice test with no silliness or excitement from him score does not matter.

So some pictures (chanters before he retired just because he is soooo handsome)Ginger jump Aug 16 1.jpg Ginger Aug 16.jpg Chanter Aug 2015.jpg

Lovely update, glad the Ginger one is doing well and congratulations getting placed at Addington.

Ginger is still handsome as ever, I can't get over how long his legs are! Chanter is my special favourite though, he looks fab :)

Fantastic pictures, your boys are both stunning. Good luck for next weekend :D

newrider.com