The fabulous welsh cob!

B

Black Beastie

Hi does anyone oen a welsh cob??

I love this breed not because I own one but because I've wanted one for years.

Flashy paces bit of character but bombproof and very clever!!

Anyone else agree??:D

Nikki x

Mine's part bred (as far as we can tell) and is most of those things :)

However a lot of people will tell you proper welshies have drama queen tendencies, and often end up being a handful for owners who were just after a sensible cob :D

ahh well horses will be horse and all my thoroughbreds were drama queens!!!!

love a bit of drama though keeps life interesting lol!!!

Horses can give us what men can never give us!!!

Un questionable love and not really ask for much in return.

Ie not roaring where is my dinner on a nightly basis lol!!!

bye bye

Hi chickies and chappies I'm going now will chat later have to go clip my nag!!!

For piccies of my boy then visit my other chat

"Hi anybody wanna chat?"

Love Nikki and Kiarone ;) xxxxx

i own a welsh cob called Abbie - she is a 2 1/2 yo - i love her to bits!
my friend (dinsarsio on nr) and i are doing the ground work at the moment and she is doing really well. eventually i would like to ride and drive her.

i have a welsh cob called ceryn, who is a complete drama queen:rolleyes: and ted whos a part bred we think who has drama queen tendancies

welsh cobs are a gift from the gods as far as i can see :D
they are wonderful creatures

i am lucky enough to be the human belonging to two of these devine creatures, sandy who's 27 and libby his half sister who's 13.

Jessie we think is welsh X fell - she certainly knows how to jump and certainly isn't a novice ride (but she knows how to behave when youngsters are on her back.

normal_clipping%20starsbody.jpg

Last edited:
i find them very versatile with great characters.I have known many horses all different breeds and i find them very clever.My cob jumps,drives,hacks has done endurance,showing and dressage.He fits well into all catagories.He is extremely cheap to keep has bags of personality and very flashy.What more can you want.I teach people to ride on him as he is so well balanced and he is kind to children.He is the boss in the field and loves loads of attention.He does sound too good to be true but he can be naughty if he decides he wants to go home when being ridden so i develop torettes which does the trick

PICT3377.jpg

i've a 2 year old fully registered welsh section D. He's incredibly laid back, but his sire is known for producing foals with good temperaments. He does have a bit of a temper on him though, and if i'm 5 minutes late at turning out time all hell breaks loose :rolleyes: but he's a very trusting, affectionate little thing. Have only had him 2 months but he trusts me enough to follow me past spooky things on his inhand walks.

He's 4 white stockings, which i think accentuates his flashy movement.

newrider.com