The end.

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
My 4 month house sit ends tonight as my landlady is back tomorrow.

Gutted as just tried to start her car and looks like the battery is flat. I've had to ring the RAC and they are on the way but don't know if they will fix it as its not technically my car.

Just annoyed if she comes back to her car not working, I really wanted to of done a good job :(

Can't believe how quickly 4 months has gone, luckily worse I've had to deal with is the smoke alarms going doolally, the doorbell getting stuck and some sewage flooding outside the front door. And now the car obviously! but that was my exs job so I suppose I could blame it on him?

Anyway just rambling as worried about dealing with the rac in case they are annoyed at coming out when I'm not the policy holder. Fingers crossed they sort it!

It's generally the car not the person so should not be a problem. The aa cover the car not policy holder if that makes sense? Well that used to be the case.
You'll have done a fab job house sitting so don't worry! I know you always try your best and I am sure she will too.

Reactions: MrA
It's generally the car not the person so should not be a problem. The aa cover the car not policy holder if that makes sense? Well that used to be the case.
You'll have done a fab job house sitting so don't worry! I know you always try your best and I am sure she will too.

I'm just so worried as on the phone they called me her name and I just went along with it as was flustered! I've had to leave her a message now explaining what has happened, just gutted as if they don't fix it she won't be able to use her car. Fingers crossed they will get the battery charged and I can leave her another message saying it's fixed!

Reactions: Trewsers
Sounds like you've had a lot to deal with too - how on earth did sewerage end up outside?!!!!!

Next doors pipes collapsed, Thames water were absolutely fantastic with that! I did have to wade out in my best wellies though!

Just had an update phone call and they are not due to get here until 10pm, fingers crossed!

It's not your fault if the car isn't running, unless of course you were supposed to run it up occasionally for them. I would leave it running for a bit once it's started to get some charge in the battery, or it won't start tomorrow.

It's not your fault if the car isn't running, unless of course you were supposed to run it up occasionally for them. I would leave it running for a bit once it's started to get some charge in the battery, or it won't start tomorrow.
I was and I did but obviously didn't run it for long enough! Hopefully they will get it going and I'll have to sit out there and watch a film or something haha.

Well I think you've done marvellously with all that lot thrown at you! I couldn't even deal with that & I own the house!!
If the RAC won't start the car (which I'm sure they will even if out of sympathy;)) the lady can easily call them back out tomorrow and they'll start it for her in no time:)
Don't worry - you've done a fantastic job:cool:

If they are on their way they will jump start the car for you and then you either need to drive it, or sit in it with the engine running for an hour or so. Your landlady won't be annoyed with you, she will be thrilled that you are sorting it.

Well I think you've done marvellously with all that lot thrown at you! I couldn't even deal with that & I own the house!!
If the RAC won't start the car (which I'm sure they will even if out of sympathy;)) the lady can easily call them back out tomorrow and they'll start it for her in no time:)
Don't worry - you've done a fantastic job:cool:

I'm just panicking I want everything to be perfect for her tomorrow but like you say she can call them out again tomorrow if need be, at least I've tried I guess. Thank-you!!

Reactions: Prjsmk
PS : The end is not a good title for a thread - I thought you were going to top yourself:eek::p!!!

Haha it's a tribute to one of my favourite TV shows, the first episode is called 'the end' as it's the end of one story but that means the start of another, if that makes any sense!

Reactions: orbvalley
If they are on their way they will jump start the car for you and then you either need to drive it, or sit in it with the engine running for an hour or so. Your landlady won't be annoyed with you, she will be thrilled that you are sorting it.

No chance of me driving it so will just have to sit it out and hope it's got plenty of fuel in! Thanks :)

PS : The end is not a good title for a thread - I thought you were going to top yourself:eek::p!!!

me too!:D I had already made the sign of the cross and said 3 Hail Marys before I even dared to open the thread!:eek: Bad, bad girl Ale frightening us like that! :D but seriously I am pretty certain you will have done a fantastic job and a flat battery is absolutely nothing for you to worry about or for her to deal with when she gets home if it isn't sorted. :)

me too!:D I had already made the sign of the cross and said 3 Hail Marys before I even dared to open the thread!:eek: Bad, bad girl Ale frightening us like that! :D but seriously I am pretty certain you will have done a fantastic job and a flat battery is absolutely nothing for you to worry about or for her to deal with when she gets home if it isn't sorted. :)
Whoops sorry about that haha! Mark is on his way to save me now hopefully. I'm glad this isn't a roadside call but guessing they might be a bit speedier for those. Anyway doesn't matter how long it takes just so long as he fixes it!!

What a lovely man Mark was! I thought I would get treated like an idiot as that's the impression the people on the phone had taken of me. Well he explained everything very well and just spoke to me in a very friendly cheerful manner, despite this surely being a very boring job for him and the time of night. Car was running again within minutes and I'm now sitting in it for an hour charging it up. A very nice extra was that he made sure all the car doors were locked before leaving to make sure I'm sitting here safely, and he also showed me how to take the key apart to lock the car but leave it running if I needed to.

And the most important thing is the battery has a poor health so that's why it's lost charge so quickly, so it's not my fault :D

newrider.com