The difference a week can make

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Last week it rained heavily here all week, this was my wheelbarrow from 1 day
FB_IMG_1495725778709.jpg
This week its hot, 27c today, and its so dry everywhere (sandy soil means it drains fast) and I've just seen we have a forest fire less than 1/2 mile away. Aparently 800m2 is well alight, 10 appliances in attendance. Let's hope they get it quick.

I can't believe it either - it's not long since we were praying for rain, it was so dry (and cold), then we had so much rain we wondered whether it would ever stop - the gateways were a mud bath and the paddocks had lying water in them. Our boiler packed in last weekend and OH lit the log burner to keep us warm. Now, it's hard to even imagine rain and cold. On a hack yesterday we saw them cutting the hay fields - before the rain the grass was short and burnt, whoever knew it could recover so quickly! We've had 27 degrees today too and looks like the same tomorrow, although the BBC app on my phone says the weather is set to break at the weekend :(

Hope your fire is under control by now.

The reports I've seen have said getting even hotter into the weekend, pushing 30c aparently. My weekend will mostly be spent hosing the horses down :)

I've not heard any more on the fire so presume they contained it, I'd offered a friend horsey refuge if she needed it as her yards even closer and she was going to keep an eye and shout if it got to close for comfort.

newrider.com