The cost of competition!

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
I am doing a little walk and trot dressage test at my riding club tomorrow - I joined last week for the Versatile Horse test and found out that this W&T was within hacking reach.

"It's not formal" they said.

It dam* well is! I have had to buy (from the top down) - a hat cover for my helmet, a shirt and tie, a black jacket, pale jods and even some cheap jod boots and gaiters because "We don't accept boots with suede on them". At least my black gloves are, apparently, allowable!

This has meant a frantic rush round today and £200. Jeepers!

I wish I had had longer to prepare, I could have bought stuff on eBay and gone to sales etc. But it's so soon I just had to go with local tack shops. Now when I open my wallet, moths fly out :banghead:

Admit it, you secretly enjoyed the experience - what horsey person doesnt love going round tack shops - bet you'll look the business which will just boost your confidence even more. Good luck tomorrow, look forward to the piccies.:wink:

Its all worth it! keep telling yourself that :giggle:

My purse too produces cobwebs and mothes when opened haha!

Its such a shock when you go and purchase aload of things isnt it?
I went to robbies last weekend and spent 100quid...it nearly made me feel quesy handing my card over lol!! :giggle:

Good luck for tomorrow! xxx hope you have a blast :biggrin:

newrider.com