The cold & food

candyflosspot

bossy boots
Sep 7, 2010
Sheffield
I just want to eat pasties or hot cheese toasties or the biscuits/cookies/chocolate that are floating around the office. Have brought in a tomato & herb mugshot for lunch today (with croutons) but am so seriously tempted to go & buy myself something from Greggs Bakery instead. A cheese & ham toasted baguette would go down a treat :inlove:

anyone else struggling with food motivation ? :(

Daily. I have managed not to have crisps every day which is a huge thing for me.
I had a Greggs bake on Saturday and only ate a 1/3 of it. Was rubbish!
Its more alcohol I can't stop drinking and its so full of calories!

I slept in thanks to my nearest neighbours dogs barking all bloody night so am also feeling pretty grim in general too.
Don't do the Greggs! You'll just feel guilty.
How long you out of action?

Its that time of year when comfort food plays a big part, yummy casseroles, sausage & mash, breads with soups and basically anything carbs!

Think it's a take away tonight, at the moment we have no water, no heating, can't access the kitchen to make a brew.. it's a work site.. had to go up the road to use a toilet..
But yes, something warm would be nice about now..

I know how you're all feeling - OH and I are the same! We are just eating ourselves silly atm! But, we are knocking the junk on the head and trying (emphasis on the try part!) to make nourishing meals that are full of heartwarming stuff but actually not that bad for you. For example, I made a HUGE pot of corned beef stew Saturday night and we ate it with crusty bread - mmmmmmmm......
Last night OH made his own flat breads (delicious when freshly made out the pan and still warm) and we had it with beef curry and rice - excellent! And of course, makes you feel full and happy.........lol
Not sure about tonight, but I am really trying hard to stay off the greasy stuff - I still need to lose a few pounds........oh but it is hard not to say "no" to a can of Fosters lager at night, I don't know why but this past couple of weeks I seem to have spent most evenings after tucking the horses up partaking of a beer whilst the food cooks and talking about old times......must be that time of year............

I slept in thanks to my nearest neighbours dogs barking all bloody night so am also feeling pretty grim in general too.
Don't do the Greggs! You'll just feel guilty.
How long you out of action?

the doctor said at least a week before i should consider cycling/horses again.not sure i can last that long.. Missed seeing the horses this weekend and thought about them constantly.. while my ankle is sore i am now able to walk on it at least..

Its that time of year when comfort food plays a big part, yummy casseroles, sausage & mash, breads with soups and basically anything carbs!

i LOVE casseroles, i had beef & mushroom stew on saturday which cooked in the slow cooker all dayy. it was heavenly :inlove:
the meat was falling apart...

We got our boiler done the other month.
Reckon it will be even more fuel efficient and it was not bad before for an old boiler.
The heat of the water now is luxurious but roasting! :hot:

I'll post the nightmare piccies later.. We're only in a small flat, and there's just no where to put anything, as they're in every room, including the cupboards!
we're currently holed in the bedroom.. probably get moved shortly.. at least I have the internet as company :biggrin:

newrider.com