The Cob Update With Photos

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
I do remember to update my diary but just felt i would do a general one.

She has been backed for almost 4 months, what that means is she doing ok in walk and trot.
We have had sun so i took a photo of it as proof!

2012-09-03145026-1.jpg

We have been doing bareback and saddle, bit, bitless and touch of nothing.

Lots of this below. :)

Liberty-

2012-09-12125005-1.jpg

Last edited:
She gets a regular tone up and massage, but wants to develop pony yoga.

2012-08-19163318-1.jpg

I have been leading her out regularly covering anything up to 2.5 miles. I am not that worried about actual hacking to be honest, but we have done this below.
The hacking is more ride and lead now, i get on somewhere, ride for a bit and hop off. I want to be super careful off the last bit of growth with her hooves.
I do still have my boots but at this time she isn't in them. But i will use to help her out etc.

stroll_01-1.jpg

P.S-i think she has the power walk!

Last edited:
Be prepared for steep down hills especially when on her back :wink:

Everywhere here is a hill going up round or on the way down. I think there is one stretch of flat lane on our three routes. The track is flat but flooded, so if went that way it would be i am not getting my feet wet. Would be bit of :bomb: if she said me neither!

I have just notice the tarp photo she has three legs in a line. Not taught her to do three tracks, i guess that could be useful for something later?

I think i just pressed at the right time, she always rolls after a session. So getting a photo is easy, just not always near enough.

I can add that we have have done our first ever mini hack. No photos because i kept my focus on her.
She was a poppet.

newrider.com