The Best Whitening Shampoo?

equestrian3241

Sep 28, 2005
Hey everyone! I am going to be in a show in about a week and I was wondering if you guys knew of a shampoo for white horses that REALLy works. I want Splash to be really white so any of your suggestions would help! Thanks a bunch!!!:)

i use the morrisons cheap apple shampoo :p it works really well we have 2 coloured and a grey to battle to keep clean and all seem whiter than white once used :D also seems to make the bay look shiney but not white :p

Tesco's own brand - blue one - is better for greys !! but if you're not on a tight budget the Hilton Herbs blue one is amazing, just started using it and am very very impressed.

White and brite is a really good shampoo. One of the girls uses it on her pony and she is brilliantly white (sure she is using daz as she is dazlingly white too )

Tresemme :) It works wonders on horses, but just works grease on my hair :(

Before:
redtack.gif

After:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/Shammiii/100_0829.jpg

Looking especially at front end, + feathers. works extreme wonders on mane, tail and feathers! Was very impressed, gives a golden glow haha. Ignore back legs, he'd decided to poo whilst hacking down and his boots made the poo smudge into the skin. grrrness :p

Just realised it wsan't the best two examples but TRESEMME rules :D

I actually used a hypoallegenic, unscented, vegetable based dish soap called 'Seventh generation' it not only made her super white (even lightened her pee spots so you could barely tell they were there) it also got rid of all her itchiness and turned her into one very happy horse. :)

IV horse shampoo for greys is fantastic, leaves the coat soft and even shiny - which is pretty difficult for a grey! I think i have tried them all, and keep going back to IV horse....

*wimpers* saw this poste and almost jumped for joy...but it seems like there's waay too many good horse whiteners out there....lol darn now i have to go to the tack store and buy them all:rolleyes: mwahahahaha maybe a couple zillion more things while i'm there eh??;)

Gosh I've tried: Diamond White, Bright 'n' white, Tesco's own brand, Boots own brand, Matey shampoo, Dermoline and Gallop Plus....nothing works for Stumpy's mucky feather *boo hoo*:rolleyes:

newrider.com