That running plait thing Flipo`s Mum

daisysp8

Dec 11, 2009
North East Linconshire
Heh heh heh Flipos mum, ... i can wholeheartedly assure you the one thing i don`t do is girlie ... i ride motorbikes, i fix engines, i used to drive vans/hgv`s for a living ... plaits .... noooooooo.

My wedding guests were shocked at my dress, they honestly thought i`d turn up in leathers ... or my jeans, but i like the shock factor from time to time :giggle:

Anyhow ... found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5v905sJeu0

Even watching her do it, i still don`t get it ? There`s just no hope for me is there :redcarded:

OH I've seen that little girl's vids before. Makes me chuckle, she fancies herself as a bit of a presenter showing us how to do stuff! Eeek at her brushing vigourously with that hairbrush though. My boy would have no hair left if I did that.
There are some very strange people on the internet posting videos. But guess if there weren't, I'd not be able to find this one.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvqjFiDUIwE

Can you do a normal plait? (sorry, just not assuming anything now lol!!)
A french plait is just the same, but starting with a tiny bit of hair -like in the vid, section it into three and then everytime you're about to cross the hair over the middle section, you add in a wee bit. On your own head you gather in hair from each side. On a horse you gather it in from just the one side.

Very cool, and yes that video makes a bit more sense to me thanks hun. A normal plait, adding bits as we go. Ok .... Dixie is going to get a hair make over tomorrow now me thinks :giggle:

They are easy! I used to do them on Praecelsus's Hero all the time :D

SDC12120.jpg

Yeah! they are dead easy aren't they GC, when you get the hang of it. The trick is to keep it quite tight as you start so you don't end up coming diagonally down too early and end up with a tuft left over.

I'm a bit lazy and should really get all of Flip's mane onto one side to do them but this is the quickest photo I could put my hands on - he's got more or less the same plait on the other side as well....And looks very happy about it obviously!

ec5f6773.jpg

Will look forward to Dixie Chick photos - she will love it.

Yeah! they are dead easy aren't they GC, when you get the hang of it. The trick is to keep it quite tight as you start so you don't end up coming diagonally down too early and end up with a tuft left over.

I'm a bit lazy and should really get all of Flip's mane onto one side to do them but this is the quickest photo I could put my hands on - he's got more or less the same plait on the other side as well....And looks very happy about it obviously!

ec5f6773.jpg

Will look forward to Dixie Chick photos - she will love it.

Is it just me or is Flipo's face saying 'mum I'm a BOY' :giggle:

LMAO !!!! Show offs ... pair of you :tongue:

Seriously though ... looking good, really hope i can manage to do it, and yes Liz ... he does look like he`s trying to point out his manlyness :giggle:

Nah Liz, he's just trying to meekly get close enough so he can whip his head about and use his forelock as a weapon (it fecking hurts when he shakes!)
I think its a winter thing to practice Daisy - when its too cold and snowy to ride, thats when I do my mane training!

PMSL @ mane Training, but yes, i shall now be practising !!!!

And Vicki ........... Nnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwsssssssssssss !!!!!!

I just wanna put him in my pocket and run off with him :happy:

Last edited:
Naaaaw gorgeous the lot of 'em!

I love a running plait, me. I did my first one in Tango the other day. I got to the end having not really planned on doing it - it just kind of happened - so I didn't have a band to tie it with at the end. The only thing I could lay my hands on was a hair clip from my hair so shoved that in quickly.

"Ooh must take a piccie for NR" was my next immediate thought, so ran off to get phone. Got it and ran back, to find Tango with a "What? It wasn't me!" look on his face, the clip on the floor and no trace left of my plait!!

Obviously it wasn't manly enough for his liking! :mstickle:

I love a running plait, me. I did my first one in Tango the other day. I got to the end having not really planned on doing it - it just kind of happened - so I didn't have a band to tie it with at the end. The only thing I could lay my hands on was a hair clip from my hair so shoved that in quickly.

"Ooh must take a piccie for NR" was my next immediate thought, so ran off to get phone. Got it and ran back, to find Tango with a "What? It wasn't me!" look on his face, the clip on the floor and no trace left of my plait!!

Obviously it wasn't manly enough for his liking! :mstickle:
OMG! That's hilarious.... exactly how long were you away though??? :giggle:

newrider.com