Thankyou everyone! :D storms finally playing *pictures*

Jun 21, 2007
lincolnshire
After trying most of the suggestions from my previous thread about how to stop storm being so bored whilst on his box rest, we finally found one that worked!

We walked him to the nearest grass (only a few steps away) and let him eat in hand.. however he became far to exited and thought he was going to the field:eek:

We put carrots in his haynets (has both either ends of his stable) and he found them and ate them in the space of about 3 secondsrolleyes:

In the morning, the apples were still bobing up and down in his water bucket:p

And then we tried a plastic bottle with holes in, full of pony nuts! and WOW never seen him play so much! :D

however i have to fill it about half way twice a day, so that he doesnt eat it all in one go because me thinks the holes are quite big! :D

so thanks everyone for the very appreciated suggestions! and thanks to horsefeed i think it was who came up with the bottle idea :D

heres some pictures of him playing and a video aswell :D
SP_A0523.jpg

SP_A0525.jpg

brill idea..we used one of those decahedron thingies & my horse loved it for a while then started to kick it around the stable in a rage when food wouldn't come out quick enough!

newrider.com