Thank you for the add!

Crystal13

Oct 18, 2020
I am a new horse owner. No I don’t ride but my daughter does and it has become a passion for her (and my wallet). I don’t know much of anything about the tack and horse terminology but the farm where she rides is amazing and we’ve become like family. The horse she rides is a Tennessee walker. Her name is Jenni and will be 3 in April. Don’t freak out, my daughter has been riding for 6 years... I just finally broke down and bought one for her. She’s training Jenni along side experienced trainers to hopefully show next year. Well that’s my story ?018C2CAB-3410-4359-A861-0E3C7D55BFB0.jpeg

Hello, and welcome. She looks lovely! Looking forward to hearing how you all get on.

Hi and welcome.

Jenni looks lovely, and still has that sweet baby look about her. I don't know anything about the breed except for the horrible photos and videos of The Big Lick horses, so it's great to see one as they are meant to be :)

Welcome to the forum, and happy new horse.
I know it's really tempting to get going with all the excitement of a new horse, but 2 and a half is a bit young to be in ridden work already. At her age her vertebrae and joints aren't developed enough to carry a rider and work under saddle. I would focus on your groundwork and maybe aim for some in-hand shows if you're desperate to compete.

Reactions: Huggy
newrider.com