Thailand, baby!

joosie

lifelong sufferer of restless brain syndrome
Oct 28, 2004
New Zealand
So it's confirmed, my next destination is going to be Thailand! :cool: I have accepted a job teaching English at a high school. I had to jump through a few hoops to get all the documents, certification etc that I needed for the work permit but have finally managed to get my shit sorted! I will be flying out on 7th May. The school is in a rural town about 5 hours from Bangkok and I'll be living in the same building as the 3 other English teachers so it should be nice and sociable outside of teaching hours too. I'm really excited, I have always wanted to go to Thailand and this will be a great chance for me to experience an authentic Thai lifestyle well away from the main tourist trail. I'm also exceptionally nervous about it as it's my first actual teaching job - the stuff I did in Poland was more of a conversation assistant / mentorship role but this will be proper full-on school teaching and I'll have a lot of new stuff to learn, especially in the first few weeks. But I have always been one for pushing comfort zones so I'll give it my best shot! Also, it's a one-semester contract so fits in perfectly with my plan to go back to New Zealand in October :D

In other news, Annie went off to a new loan home this week. The lady is a dedicated happy hacker with loads of off-road riding on her doorstep and also boxes to different places at least once a week, her pony is getting on a bit and not really up for the longer rides so someone else will be stepping up to the mark and I think Annie is the perfect candidate. She will love it! When I visited and rode her in February she seemed so happy to be out and about again after so long just bumming around in a field. I've spent ages looking through the lady's hacking photos and she goes to some seriously nice places!

How exciting :D It will be nice that you have a few other teachers there to help get you on the right tracks and like you say, socialize with :)

Annie def looked relaxed in the picture on FB, it sounds like and ideal situation for her :)

Oh wow joosie how fantastic. Well done and huge congratulations, all your hard work is paying off. As for Annie, well lucky lady to be loaning her and I bet as you say she'll love it.

How exciting, best of luck - not that you'll need it, you seem to be very much someone who makes their own luck :cool:

My youngest son is in Thailand at the moment, travelling. When he said he was going travelling I thought he meant going to look at the scenery and temples and stuff. Having seen some of the pics from him and his mates, I now realise I was being a bit naïve!

How exciting for you! I hope you have an amazing adventure and great time :)

I'm sure Annie will have many hours of happy hacking!

Upsetting the natives when she arrived!
57280500_2282629311960809_234678550651731968_n.jpg

Making friends...
57092910_2283103081913432_3121510088167129088_n.jpg

But not everybody was happy about the new arrival! (Don't worry Annie, you'll win her round)
56757188_2284209928469414_345973522796904448_n.jpg

First ride. Loaner has been rediscovering her youth messing around bitless & bareback and says she feels 12 again :p

56639993_2283661351857605_2949442703173091328_n.jpg

newrider.com