Text from yard...

Tillytoo

Dec 2, 2010
east sussex
.... Oh no, emergency vet? colic? injury? cheque bounced?

No, one black pony found this morning, having managed to escape from stable, in the staff area scoffing chocolate cake.

Had also inspected the contents of the bins and spread around the yard, stood on the biscuit tin, probably trying to get the lid off and scoffed some carrots donated by a kindly neighbour. And obviously no area of floor is complete without a great big poo on it.

Oh the shame. :redface:

Luckily YO saw the funny side, and even more luckily he didnt come to any harm. Will be donating a large cake at the weekend to make amends, and he's not getting any.

Hehe are you sure he hasn't got a bit of shetland in him, behaviour sounds very familiar, mind you a shetland would of got the biscuit tin open :giggle:

If I had trained him, he missed the bit about giving the cake to ME!

Fells and shetlands? Brothers under the skin, stomachs rule over the laws of physics.

There is no way he can open the bolt on his stable, its really stiff, and set too low down. There is no way it wasn't locked, the YO does a check bofore locking the big doors, every one else was still bolted in. The only thing he CAN do is kick the door and make the lower bolt jump out.

I hope its a one off, but somehow I doubt it. It will have to Yard Alcatraz from now on.

It wasn't a sloppy poo, but it was well trod in. :redface:

He! he! how funny. Hope there was no carpet on the floor. Was the door still shut or open. My pony used to jump clean over her door. We had to put an extra wooden bar up.

I once found my barn broken into and trashed.........and the culprits nowhere to be seen.......just a trail of hoof prints in white paint that they'd had off the shelf and burst open!. CSI closed!

Norty Cracker! :giggle:

I haven't had the escaped horse in the feed room but I did have YO's two COWS break in and eat ALL my feed and LOTS of my hay.... and boy did THEY leave some :poop: behind!!! :frown: It was back in the days when I had Ludo and I'd just opened a bag of Winergy's Growth - and used ONE scoop from it.... they cows munched the whole lot :(

I had a text like that from my yard!

My horse lead half the herd through the fence into next doors yard :redface:

They rounded up the rest quickly enough and found him in an open stable eating the straw bed! Wish I'd kept the photo they sent me! Next door have for some reason put up a massive reinforced fence now :wink: I did offer to buy the lady more straw!

newrider.com