Tethering again..

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
I posted a while ago about 2 horses tethered near my work who kept getting loose and wandering onto a dual carriageway. Can't find the thread so have started again.

We are now down to 1 horse, but they continue to get loose every couple of weeks. Just had a message from a colleague of mine who has found the horse wandering up the dual carriageway, at this time of night!! He rang the police who said they were aware!! He tied the horse to a tree and left.

No one wants to know but I feel I have to keep trying. The middle of a busy dual carriageway is not a safe place for a horse to be tethered surely!?

So any other options apart from council, rspca and police? Pretty sure I contacted world horse welfare last time but can't remember so have asked them for advice again.

Thanks.

With the new laws that came in re fly grazing and land owner options the council should be in more of a position to do something about it now...if they want to. Might be worth re-engaging with them on it.

I find over here that the smaller charity run animal rescue centers are quicker to respond and help. Do you have any near you that you could inform of the situation?

Is it worth ringing the local branch of the rspca again? It sounds awful, poor horse could get injured or cause an accident, what are these people thinking leaving it there?

Unfortunately the rescues are so full most will only take horses that are nearly at deaths door in. Read up on fly grazing laws, see if there is any info on who to contact about it. Try someone higher up at your local council, point out to them its illegal to fly graze. Keep on at the police, rspca and world horse welfare the more reports they get the bigger the case they have and more evidence for seizing and keeping the horse

Thanks for your replies.

Turns out the council who own the land are not interested and no one else can do anything unless they are so I've given in. Fingers crossed nothing serious ever happens.

newrider.com