Terrible trouble getting motivated

Tina2011

Mar 23, 2012
Gateway to europe
Any one else get like this and how do you overcome it?

I am going to ride today but I have got 'can't be a..ed' itis :frown:

I often get like this and it seems a huge hurdle getting in the saddle.

i.e. Get ready, get tack, drive to field, catch pony (easy bit) groom, tack up.

Get on, ok, I am fine now, what was all the fuss about?

Perhaps I am too old, or need a groom lol.

I sometimes have this, especially after work, the time it takes to bring horse up from field tack up and stuff is longer than the actual ride and I sometimes do just go meh not going to bother!

I find that if I have arranged to ride with someone that generally motivates me - is there anyone around you can make an arrangement with so you have to go do it?

I wish i knew the answer to this Tina. I am in the same boat and have been for ages. I cant be bothered to do anything at all. Some days its a hassle even thinking about getting out of bed.

I am blaming the :poop:weather. I was away back home on the Isle of man last week and there was blue sky & sunshine every day (despite being still very cold) i was much happier and felt far more energetic. I returned to Sheffield on sunday to grey sky depressing-ness and the previous low mood has returned again.

Weather is not so bad today ..actually its a weird hazy baby blue/grey type of colour - still feeling :poop: though.

Sorry i havent offered any advice or solutions..

Sometimes I have CBA! Lol, but the sun usually motivates me and today luckily it was out first thing, so I had a nice ride - good job, because vet's due soon to do teeth and check Storm's progress. (Can't ride when they've had teeth done as they're both usually sedated). Anyways, I had a smashing ride in the sun this morning, despite Storm's eyes being on stalks (there was a flappy yellow label thing that e-on had left on a gatepost that she could see from the school!). I do blame the weather. I put off riding yesterday until much later as it was cold and dull and windy. When I did get on board though I really enjoyed it.

I get like this and could quiet easily think feck it I'm not bothering,but I give myself a good hard kick up the a**e and remind myself I'm lucky to have what I have when others don't and also that I'm able to do the things I do when others can't,does the trick and I always feel better for doing it.

If you do a little something everyday, you can expand on that, rather than the all or nothing. I haven't hacked out for three weeks, I know she has been unwell but not for 3 of them.
My problem if you like is I have too many ideas and things to work on. I could have ridden but I played with the harness instead, or I lunged and did polework. I do something its not necessarily ridden though.
If I really have the cbb ittus that's when bareback comes in, hop on if you just don't feel like tacking up.

All very good advice and thank you so very much.....Well I just got back, had an amazing two rides on Cherie and Evie, both girls where total stars, as they always are when I set my mind to something. I am about to post more and pics in my diaries 'Cherie Lou Miggins' and 'The Indomitable Eve'.

I have the worst case scenario of laziness and 'what ifs' you could ever imagine. Its the bane of my life tbh. All is well any how till the next time.

After a long winter, I rang and texted all my friends I haven't seen for ages, with very good results. I have one girl coming to ride with me very soon, she is training to be an AI, so needs to ride as many horses as she can for her exams. Several others coming out of the winter wood work as well, so looking forward to some summer fun and shows.

All very good advice and thank you so very much.....Well I just got back, had an amazing two rides on Cherie and Evie, both girls where total stars, as they always are when I set my mind to something. I am about to post more and pics in my diaries 'Cherie Lou Miggins' and 'The Indomitable Eve'.

I have the worst case scenario of laziness and 'what ifs' you could ever imagine. Its the bane of my life tbh. All is well any how till the next time.

After a long winter, I rang and texted all my friends I haven't seen for ages, with very good results. I have one girl coming to ride with me very soon, she is training to be an AI, so needs to ride as many horses as she can for her exams. Several others coming out of the winter wood work as well, so looking forward to some summer fun and shows.

Excellent!:smile:

newrider.com