Tell me your goals and hopes..

Skye94

Most accident prone horse owner
Jan 6, 2006
Near Aberdeen - Laurencekirk
As the title suggests really, what are your goals and hopes. Either long term, short term or at some point in the future.

I was just thinking of this since I bought my boy early September and he then broke his knee 2 weeks later, we never had a chance to do anything. We did do one dressage competition and we won our class but that was it. I got x-rays done at the time of lameness but nothing showed up and nerve blocks were only 80% accurate as he had 3 abscesses at the same time, but I got him re x-rayed in February and it showed a crack down the back of his knee. I can start to bring him back into work at the start of August and I really want us to eventually get back into showing, riding club, cross country and I really really want to start him with side saddle (although im not sure he would approve).

So tell me, give me some motivation and some happy plans on what you and ur cuddies plan to do :)

Reactions: horseandgoatmom

squidsin

Feb 16, 2013
My main goal is to be more confident hacking Roxy out, but I also want to do XC, more local dressage shows, and my ultimate goal is BE80! Actually need to start jumping her again for there to be any chance of that happening though!

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
This year im going to ride 300 miles coast to coast up Wales if stumbling blocks dont keep appearing, then I want to get jess round a course of jumps for the first time ever, and a xc course (first time also), and do our 2nd ever dressage test and do a show class maybe some kind of small hunter class but no idea as have never shown english. Erm, anything I get the chance to do really, there was so much I never did with Bo, I'm not going to miss chances again.

Ale

Feb 8, 2012
I've pretty much achieved everything and more that I wanted to do this year with my boy.

Get him slim and fit (and me too which is still a work in progress) He is the slimest and fittest he has ever been!

Take him to a show/dressage. We came 6th :D

Reactions: squidsin

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Hopes: to introduce a third member of the gang later this year (if everything goes to plan) and then OH can have some riding time (he's had no ride for almost four years)
Goals: to get the madam's weight back down (harder than it sounds given the on going lameness issue) and hope at some point that I may ride her again, right now that's looking unlikely, but hey, I can hope:)

Reactions: horseandgoatmom

Ale

Feb 8, 2012
(it keeps glitching so I will blither on in a new post)

Take part in Interdressage. We came 8th :D

Hack before work, did that a few weeks ago

Jump again, done :D

Take him on some longer hacks, made a start on that this morning :D

Still to achieve:

I would really like to try and do a clear round comp

Take him for a very long hack, don't tell him ;)

Box him somewhere for a hack

Skye94

Jan 6, 2006
My main goal is to be more confident hacking Roxy out, but I also want to do XC, more local dressage shows, and my ultimate goal is BE80! Actually need to start jumping her again for there to be any chance of that happening though!

BE80! Go u! I'd love to give that a shot!! I also need to get confident out hacking :(

He is stunning, what a wonderful picture of him on his hind legs! Is there some RID in there? What a gorgeous chap.

My goal is to carry on hacking Ziggy wherever we like and to be able to jump a 1 ft jump on him.

He is about 94% ID :) He is such a good boyo... ill attach the rest of that picture haha!!
goose rearing.jpg

This year im going to ride 300 miles coast to coast up Wales if stumbling blocks dont keep appearing, then I want to get jess round a course of jumps for the first time ever, and a xc course (first time also), and do our 2nd ever dressage test and do a show class maybe some kind of small hunter class but no idea as have never shown english. Erm, anything I get the chance to do really, there was so much I never did with Bo, I'm not going to miss chances again.

Oh wow!! 300miles!! wow!! I know the feeling of not wanting to miss out. I only ever got to take my mare Lil to one show and that was in hand :(

I've pretty much achieved everything and more that I wanted to do this year with my boy.

Get him slim and fit (and me too which is still a work in progress) He is the slimest and fittest he has ever been!

Take him to a show/dressage. We came 6th :D

Well done u!!

Hopes: to introduce a third member of the gang later this year (if everything goes to plan) and then OH can have some riding time (he's had no ride for almost four years)
Goals: to get the madam's weight back down (harder than it sounds given the on going lameness issue) and hope at some point that I may ride her again, right now that's looking unlikely, but hey, I can hope:)

Ooooooo 3rd pony!! Love a new member of the family to spoil ;)

(it keeps glitching so I will blither on in a new post)

Take part in Interdressage. We came 8th :D

Hack before work, did that a few weeks ago

Jump again, done :D

Take him on some longer hacks, made a start on that this morning :D

Still to achieve:

I would really like to try and do a clear round comp

Take him for a very long hack, don't tell him ;)

Box him somewhere for a hack

That sounds like you have done a great job already!!

Reactions: Jessey

candyman

May 6, 2015
my aim for this year was to get back out to dressage which we've acheived already. Plan now is to aim for novice level by around september/October time and to affiliate BD as well

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
OMG @Skye94 is that you he is rearing at? What was he on?

I love love love RIDs, they are just gorgeous, lucky you. Ziggy tries to pretend he is a mini RID but there is far too much pony in there for that!

bwarenz

May 30, 2015
My goal is to start my rising 3 Andalusian gelding under saddle by myself. He is very social and calm so we're making progress. Have saddled and bridled him, had the kids on his back and I am just getting sorted long reining.
804215a40ead4514cbe8cba32d1bdc7d.jpg

Skye94

Jan 6, 2006
OMG @Skye94 is that you he is rearing at? What was he on?

I love love love RIDs, they are just gorgeous, lucky you. Ziggy tries to pretend he is a mini RID but there is far too much pony in there for that!

I was chasing him and he was chasing me around the field, in and out the trees. I was running and then I stopped and u can kinda see I have my hands pointing backwards at him.. I've been teaching him to back up without me touching him. Well he just got over excited!! Haha! In the picture he looks closer to me than he was

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
Hmm most of my plans got shelved as I am now due to deploy at the end of August for 4 months which means missing all the championships that we have already quailified for the ones I had planned to try and quailfy for this month booo.

Cracking medium trot is my main aim as we moved to Novice this year but as they go up the scale they get really quite complicated and difficult. Ginger pony still struggles with medium trot and this is were we keep losing are makes. I have no complaints as we can still pull of a mid to high 60's with out showing any as his basic work is really good.

I have two qualifies this weekend ROR and Addington Manor (the ROR is the one I am most interested in) but I would really like to quaily in both the prelim and the novice for both.

Next weekend I would like to quailfy at the combine training but that's only if I keep my cool unlike last week when we miss out due to rider error in the jump phase.

horseandgoatmom

Dec 3, 2014
Rhode Island,New england
For Andi/me-- to find a trainer/instructor to work with us both here. but it has to be someone that will actually get on Andi and work with her a bit == and then we have a lesson together.

For Sonny/me-- I would like to find a riding buddy. Sometimes its the pitts to always ride alone.

For Me--To be more comfortable trailering.

No_Angel

Apr 20, 2003
Ireland
I really want to get out and go for a proper hack and haven't been able to yet. I've been told by my neighbour I can cut a path through the woods so I can get out to the hacking more easily, but might have to be brave and venture out on my own.

Reactions: Jessey

Gimp

Gimpy Gimp Gimp
Jan 19, 2005
Get back into equine ownership after a few years break for various reasons. Id like to purchase a palamino pony which my daughter can ride, and I hope to gentle to drive also. I aim to do it later on the year or after xmas when self employment has settled down and income is stabilized.

hormonalmare

Sep 25, 2005
I'd like to be able to ride for more than half an hour before my hips give out on me......
Hanging half on and half off the saddle in yet another disastrous attempt at dismount is not a good look! :eek: