Teething troubles - help required

M

Maddison's girl

Libby seems to be teething. She has just turned 4. We had her teeth done about 2 months ago I think, he rasped them and did all the usual bits. Now she tosses her head some days when being ridden and she has all the lumps and bumps under her jaw which suggests that she has teeth coming through. She chews absolutely anything that she can get her hands on.

Anyway should I not work her until the bumps disappear and her teeth have come through??

you can work her, but i'd do it without a bit, and be aware a snug lunge cavesson might be uncomfy. if our babies teethe at a point in their education where we don't want a break, we carry on in a scawbrig, if it can be adjusted to avoid the teeth bumps. you don;t want her starting to associate the bit with painful things.

ETA - bonjela on the gums can help.

i am having the same problems with Pickle too, he was 4 last week, his skin rubs so easily that I am worried about a bitless/sidepull rubbing him, so I am using a rubber covered bit at the moment

Jess was seen by the dentist about 2 months ago, he warned me then that lots of her caps were almost ready to come out, so we stuck to a side pull - I have just gone back to her snaffle and she seems fine again :p

we do have to get the dentist back in July as she has a wolf tooth that needs removing.

Why wait till July? I left Bo's wolf teeth and head tossing progressed to full on rearing, when Jess was due to be backed I had her wolf tooth whipped out before we even started as I didn't want to get into that :eek:

Why wait till July? I left Bo's wolf teeth and head tossing progressed to full on rearing, when Jess was due to be backed I had her wolf tooth whipped out before we even started as I didn't want to get into that :eek:

to be honest I dont know, the dentist said it will be ready to come out July on my next visit, I didnt question why :eek:

newrider.com