Teaching Ginger to play football...hummmm

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
Well after reading Ale thread about wanting to ride with out tack I thought it was time I did some more ground work with the ginger one so off we went to the indoor school.

I have always enjoyed 'playing' with my horses and Chanter has always enjoyed it but would never have known until I joined NR that it was linked to NH. As some of you know I was taught and am being taught tradition dressage on Chanter and Ginger respectively. I love Sylia Lock and Carl Hester and the relationship they have with horses and the way they ride always inspires me. But that said I also enjoying watching Robert Maxwell and Monty Roberts and I use a Dually on Chanter so I through it is time to start playing with Ginger to see how he reacts.

I put out the jump posts set to their highest mark (above my head) and put a polly pole on it and threw in the large yoga ball we have a the yard.

It took about 3 seconds before he touched the ball and he followed me while on the lead rope under the pole both ways. He let me hold the ball ad roll it all over his body and pass it between his front and back legs.

Off came the lead rope and he followed me round the school under the pole which I had lowered and let me push the ball towards his legs which he kicked away in less than 15 minutes.

What a star you never know maybe in a couple of weeks I can have Chanter and Ginger setting up their own football team.

Love my boys

newrider.com