Tally's rub marks - close up pics, prepare to be shocked!

OMG!!!!!

That looks terrible!!!! How sore must that have been for her!!!!

Have you got a bib to protect the area swiftly??? I would maybe have one on just to give the area a rest incase the rug is rubbing her a little to. Might encourage the hair to grow back quicker without lotions and potions.

Nikki xxxx

yeah we've had one since day 1 hun, :( thanks tho

Aww the poor darling!!!!!

Well at least she has a mum now who is determined not to let these things happen!!!! I hate it when you buy a horse thathas these things happen and know one knows till it gets this far!!!

Dealer should be ashamed!!!

Nikki xxxx

Aww the poor darling!!!!!

Well at least she has a mum now who is determined not to let these things happen!!!! I hate it when you buy a horse thathas these things happen and know one knows till it gets this far!!!

Dealer should be ashamed!!!

Nikki xxxx

hmm - dealer appears to have *vanished* as I had a few things i needed to speak to them about:rolleyes::mad:

you're damned right tho - no one is ever going to hurt, or neglect my poor baby again:)

thats not a driving collar that done that

its can be sweet-itch and sun burn-- so go here and buy the rug and get a full fly mask when out in the sun--www.sweet-itch.co.uk

thats not a driving collar that done that

its can be sweet-itch and sun burn-- so go here and buy the rug and get a full fly mask when out in the sun--www.sweet-itch.co.uk

wouldnt her mane be rubbed if it was sweetitch?

i wouldnt say it was sweetitch but sunburn is an option, but then why would it only be in that spot.....sometimes you just wish they could speak!

you know, i did wonder whether what tally has is maybe similar to nooksters voltan? the photosensitivity?

EB could be a strain of what Voltan has, but Vol's started off like little scabs then errupted into what he has now

Dealers been in holland hun so sure you can get hold of them now. They will sort what you need as our issues are being sorted.

Vols photosensitivity started like little mud fever scabs, but you just can’t remove them. Then it just got worse and worse no matter what I put on it ( not know then what it was) The scabs have all broken now and just look like dead skin. Skin underneath is brilliant just the dead skin is stuck in his fur and I can’t get it out as he hates anyone being near it. Done one side but the other worse side I just leave and he’s on his hind legs if I push it or sits flat on his bum. Full rugging has helped and I have invested in full fly/UV rugs for next summer etc.

An antibiotic cream might help – could contact your vet about it

hmmm. am pretty sure its not sweet itch. sunburn could be a distinct option though:rolleyes:. being that its only on her white bits and is on the bit of her that would be a direct hit for UV when her head is down grazing. Whatever it is, its the healing stages of it that im seeing/have seen since i got her 6 weeks ago. Its never been scabby or sore, thankfully. Ive got a uv fly rug with a neck for next summer - and she's out in a rug with a neck on now too.

newrider.com