Tally's rub marks - close up pics, prepare to be shocked!

P

PatchyPony

for everyone who has helped and offered advice re camrosa etc etc - here is a pic taken today of the marks - it is tha same on both sides of her withers. Now she is clipped it is more more apparant and easier to see the extent of it:eek: We are pretty sure its rubs from an ill fitting driving collar. whatever it is, at least it is now nice and pink and not scabby, its obviously been something very sore at one point :(

tallybday104.jpg

Poor lass, I bet that was sore.

Unless I'm looking at that pic wrong, I wouldn't have thought a collar was responsible, they appear to go too far back and why wasn't her mane rubbed, but it could be the angle of the photo.

Just a thought but could it be the after effects of sunburn. Mine get it if they go out without their fly rugs and nose masks in summer.

A couple of coloureds on our yard got burned in much that area and their skin went scabby and then pink when the scabs dropped of a couple of months later.

Hmmm.. Don't see how that could have been caused by a driving collar, it is just too wide an area. It would have had to be a collar that moves so much that even a numpty would have seen it is not the right fit. But hey, crazier things have happened!

Good thing it is healing now, must have been very painful at some point!

Nina x

Just a thought but could it be the after effects of sunburn. Mine get it if they go out without their fly rugs and nose masks in summer.

A couple of coloureds on our yard got burned in much that area and their skin went scabby and then pink when the scabs dropped of a couple of months later.

hmmmmm - very possible given that her whole nose was bald with sunburn:mad:

OMG!!!!!

That looks terrible!!!! How sore must that have been for her!!!!

Have you got a bib to protect the area swiftly??? I would maybe have one on just to give the area a rest incase the rug is rubbing her a little to. Might encourage the hair to grow back quicker without lotions and potions.

Nikki xxxx

newrider.com