Tally has gone

MadMumInKent

Feb 27, 2005
Kent
:( I'm gutted. I thought I'd come to terms with the whole thing, but silly me, of course not. The sight of him poking his nose out of the lorry window to see what was going on finished me, and I couldn't watch the lorry drive out :(

Anyway, here he is in his going away outfit... Actually, this photo is really bad, he looks like a barrel! He has put on a bit of weight, but nothing like he looks in this photo! :eek: Anyway I'm confident he'll get on really well in his new home, Just seeing how the new owner was handling him showed me his dominance issues are seriously going to be challenged! Wish it hadn't come to this though :(

Dsc00601.jpg

oh that is a shame MMIK, but you did the right thing. any word on Pumpkin, are you getting him?

It's natural to be upset but you've done the right thing for you and Tally.

He will settle down in his new home and you will find the right horse for you.

Sending you hugs

J xxx

Oh MadMum I am so sorry, it must be heartbreaking :(
I believe from reading your posts that you have made the right decision, although I know that doesn't make it any easier.
Have you reached a decision on Pumpkin at all?

I'm taking Pumpkin out on a hack tomorrow, that is really the final test, which I'm pretty sure he'll fly through actually. I'd say he's the opposite of Tally to the point of falling asleep at any given moment, but that is what I need right now, I can't risk my confidence getting knocked any more than it already is. He seems to be perfect for the children to be around too, even though is he large, he's very gentle. If he could speak, I reckon he'd talk like Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh ;)

Tally should arrive at his new home this evening, and they've promised to keep me updated with his progress, which is great. The new owners also post on a message board that I post on, so I'll be able to see what he's up to. He's already being entered for shows, so I can't wait to see how he does. I'm sure once I've made my mind up about Pumpkin, I'll feel more positive about things and will be able to look forward rather than back.

Poor you, I can imagine how heartbreaking. But it seems as if it was the best solution not only for you but for Tally himself. I'll be keeping my fingers so tightly crossed that you have a wonderful hack with Pumpkin.

I don't really know much about the lead up your decision about letting tally go to new owners/loaners but it sounds like you've done the right thing and that it's the best thing in the long run.

Good luck with Pumpkin and I hope that everything works out for all of you, Tally included :)

Oh I am sorry, it must be really sad for you.
yes, he does look like a bit of a barrell ;) way too well fed and loved....he'll learn...Anyway, I think its the socks that do it!!!! They make ones legs look stumpy.

Good luck with your hack on Pumpkin, he sounds like a babe :)

OOps--just posted a thread in general because I didn't see this one. Guess I should have checked. Anyway, I know this is hard, I remember when my lease pony left but you did so well finding him a good home!

I was just out with Bimble and was thinking about you and Tally. A hard day for you but also a good one as it is a new beginning for both of you too. I hope things work out for you with Pumpkin :)

Poor you it must be so hard but you know you've done the right thing. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow with everything crossed when you ride Pumpkin. He really does sound ideal, so onward and upward as they say!

Hi MMIK

Glad it went smoothly. As I've said before, you've done the right thing, and I'd be surprised if there isn't a hefty dose of relief in there somewhere.

Hope all goes well with Pumpkin. One thing though, don't rush into it. I did that and seriously regretted it, buying completely the wrong horse and giving myself all sorts of problems. Give yourself a chance to think, and if any little piece of you is saying "don't", then don't.

Best of luck :D

Chinup...by the PMs we had sounds like this new home for Tally is best for him and they will treat him right and sound VERY experienced. Good luck with the vetting on monday aswell...fingers crossed

newrider.com