Tally has arrived + pics!

MadMumInKent

Feb 27, 2005
Kent
Hi all :D :D Oh I'm SO SO HAPPY!!!

Tally travelled beautifully, arrived safely, had an hour in his new stable where he found a nice full haynet much to his delight. Then I groomed him (not that he needed it, he was immaculate!), and led him around his new field. Nothing phased him, not even the 2 mares in the next field. He was as calm as anything, just plodded beside me, taking it all in. Once he'd had a good look, I let him loose, and he just stood there munching on the grass. I kept going back to him just to say hello, and mostly he came to me rather than me walking around after him! He is an absolute delight! I just kept standing staring at him. It hasn't sunk in that I have my own horse yet, it doesn't feel real :rolleyes: I'm going back up there in a while, taking the kids to see him. I'm itching to get up there again! I am absolutely overwhelmingly ecstaticly over the moon!!

Here are some pics :)

tallyday1a.jpg

tallyday1b.jpg

tallyday1c.jpg

R

*Rachel_George*

he looks lovely and chilled unlike little willow chasing all the horses and kicking them all :rolleyes: Just time until one goes lame...they wont leave her alone as dont think they have ever been out with somthing so small

Hope you have lots of fun with him
xxxxxxxxx

kyanya

Jan 19, 2003
Aberystwyth
spaces.msn.com
You must be so, so happy :D A horsey all of your own. And whats more, he's a gorgeous boy. Remarkably chilled about it all which is a fantastic thing.

Happy horse owning :D Looks like you've got a great start as well with such a lovely neddie and a really super looking yard. Have lots and lots of fun :D

Ginger Thing

Jul 10, 2003
Staffordshire
Congratulations, he's lovely :D

I know how you feel - I was 32 when I finally got my first horse 3 years ago, fulfilling a lifelong dream. It gets even better from now on!

Your yard looks very nice, hope you have fun with him!

Pickles

Feb 17, 2005
Ahhhhh, he's gorgeous, I bet you're on cloud nine.

Have you settled on part livery in the end or are you doing everthing yourself? Not that I can imagine you letting anyone look after him at the moment.

~Perdita.M~

Two Little Boys
May 20, 2003
Kent
That first photo says it all! Cheshire! :D He is stunning, and looks so relaxed already. I must say it looks a lovely very posh yard! Wishing you many years of happniess together :)

S

saldec

Congratulations :) :)

You both look so happy together.
I hope you have many happy times & fun together :D :D
He looks lovely.

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
you sound so thrilled and he is a star. what a good boy.

just watch his weight - he is stunning but looks like he is prone to being a very good doer. might be ok now as the grass is dying off a bit but watch him early autumn just in case the grass flush is too much for him. My cob is in a starvation paddock 22 hours out of 24 and is still keeping her wieght on with very little additional hay and your grass looks a bit better than ours at present.

enjoy yourself.

MadMumInKent

Feb 27, 2005
Kent
Thank you everyone :) I went back up there, took my mum and my children, they loved him too :) I hope he's OK tonight, he's being brought in for the night, but the other horses there are on 24 hr turnout, and apparently he gets a bit panicky if he can't see other horses. He doesn't do anything bad, but gets himself worked up, a kind of worried panic rather than a blind panic. He's got so much good grazing there though, if he was out 24 hrs he'd turn into a balloon ;) We'll have to see how things go.

Pickles - he's on full livery for the time being, but gradually I want to take over more and more til I end up doing it all. The YO is very flexible and will do as much or as little as necessary.

Ooooo happy happy happy :D :D :D

newnovice

Feb 18, 2005
South Florida, US
He is just beautiful. I've only had my horse for 3.5 months and I still love to just go up and watch her out grazing! Even though I had leased for four months and even though I'd been warned, I was still surprised at how much work and time it is, and my horse is on full board - which I'm assuming is like full livery. The barn owners feed her, clean her stall, put her out, etc. But there's still always something to do!

congratulations!!!!!

bexj

May 8, 2002
Penistone
www.mollycob.blogspot.com
You both look so happy! Many congratulations! Even though I got my first horse over 2 years ago I still walk around with a daft grin whenever I think about how life changing it has been.

Hope you both have many happy years together

momofsix

Mar 19, 2005
Northern California
Wow Mad Mum-he is so cute! I was just thinking, look at us now! Seems like just a few months ago, we were talking about first lessons and wondering about leasing--and here we are with our own horses! Isn't it amazing?