Talking to horses...

Miska

Mar 28, 2006
Sussex/ Exeter
Has anyone ever had one of the horse communicator people to come and speak to their horse?

I know a friend of a friend who has had them come out several times when her horses were ill. They told her some really interesting things that no-one would know.

Has anyone had any experiences of this? As I find it fascinating :D

I dont know if they can really talk to horses but.... they may just read the horses body language and interpret what they may be "saying". I really don't know though, never even seen it done or anything...:)

Hmmm....I think its something to do with telepathy. Horses are telepathic animals. If two horses are shut away without ever seeing or hearing each other (still close)...they often know each other when they do meet (or so i;ve heard)

I remember seeing an article on The Big Breakfast once (this was a few years ago) and they had a little Shetland on. A horse whisperer called, I think, Gaynor Davenport was on and it was fascinating, she really did communicate with the little Shetland and the owner was astonished, because apparently he had quite a few behavioural problems, and Gaynor seemed to hit the nail on the head as to why he was acting up. She was quite specific and they weren't things that anyone could have just guessed.

I truly believe that this lady did have a gift for talking to horses, but I'm sure there are a few con-artists out there!!

Yes you can communicate with any animal that wants to communicate. You cannot force them though and some will happily tell all, some want to get to know you a bit first before they trust and some just clam up full stop.
The con artists out there will make up things rather than tell the owner thier horse needs more sessions or won't respond just to try and look good.
I believe you must always be honest mind you there are then the owners that think your useless because you can't tell them anything because their animal is not ready. Like people they are all different, some you can't shut up and some you can't open up.

Bev

I had a lady called Pea Horsley talk to my old horse Grady, loads of us on here have had it done.
I was a bit sceptical and alot of the information could have been general to any horse but she said a few things that were so specific to Grady it was unreal. She mentioned that he'd upset the mare in the stable next to him with the nice disposition as she new he wanted to erh (coughs)...........f**k her. Sorry to be so specific with that but the night before he had got VERY excited with this particular mare and his wotsit was erh very aroused, I didn't know where to look!! She also knew he was upset due to the move which I never told her about.
I'm not sure what to believe really, some things he said made it so difficult for me to sell him:(

At my barn, one of the boarders decided to do this. Her horse was always really sad looking, so she brought a communicator out (forget her name). All the owner told her was the horses age and breed and the communicator did the rest. It was quite amazing! She recalled the horses past, where she was previously boarded, and how her old owner used to abuse her. The communicator auctually described the old owner down to the colour of his mustache!
The communicator told the owner that her horse was sad because she didn't spend enough time doing fun things with her (trail rides etc.)
Turns out the owner spent a lot more time with her horse going out on hacks and just walking her around the farm and the horse perked up! :p

I had very good experiences with a horsey AC woman in Canada (that now has become my friend...I even got the chance to meet her in person during a summer vacation and she is under many aspects a 'down to earth' sort of person). She talked to my horses and my dogs. It has been enriching, funny, full of insight. I loved it!
I do think there is something very valuable in this, animal communication is to me just one of the many channels Life uses to deliver messages we need to hear in our lives.
As somebody else said, it doesn't mean your animal is willing to communicate (one of my horse was very very VERYYYYY difficult to get anything out of, while another one was VVVVVEEEEEEERRRRRYYYYY chatty!) and also, not all the AC have the same sensitivity. Some are just 'dry' and don't take risks in what they tell (that is to say: I did hear about bad, unsatisfactory experiences as well), some do and it can be astonishing:)
About my friend I liked the fact she didn't accept any payment unless (or until) I was happy with her job. It has never been the case;)

Miska said:
Has anyone ever had one of the horse communicator people to come and speak to their horse?

I know a friend of a friend who has had them come out several times when her horses were ill. They told her some really interesting things that no-one would know.

Has anyone had any experiences of this? As I find it fascinating :D
I have an acquaintance - experienced horsewoman, mature, intelligent, currently doing a science based PHD - who is heavily into something called radionics. Send a bit of the horse's hair away to some chap at the other end of the country and he will tell you that your horse was savaged by an dachshundxcollie on its second birthday and consequently can't stand purple jodhpurs. OK, so that's coming it a bit strong but the reality is nearly as loopy. I could understand it if this man was doing a scientific analysis of the hair to see if problems could be affected by, for example, too much arsenic in the body but by all accounts it's much more airy-fairy than that. The worrying thing is that my acquaintance consults this radionics bod before she consults the vet (radionics bod charges MORE than vet!). So far she's been lucky but.....

I agree that some humans commmunicate with/bond with/relate to equines better than others but all this mallarky about reading the horse's mind about what happened to it in its past in order to cure its current problems is highly suspect and reminds me of what they used to call in the Hollywood westerns "The Snake Oil Seller". If your horse is unhappy you should know that from your own observations and you shouldn't need to empty your bank account to have some possible charlatan tell you so. If your horse is ill you should call the vet. There seem to be a lot of people around who are making squillions out of the insecurities and/or guilt complexes of horse owners

big-dreams said:
At my barn, one of the boarders decided to do this. Her horse was always really sad looking, so she brought a communicator out (forget her name). All the owner told her was the horses age and breed and the communicator did the rest. It was quite amazing! She recalled the horses past, where she was previously boarded, and how her old owner used to abuse her. The communicator auctually described the old owner down to the colour of his mustache!
The communicator told the owner that her horse was sad because she didn't spend enough time doing fun things with her (trail rides etc.)
Turns out the owner spent a lot more time with her horse going out on hacks and just walking her around the farm and the horse perked up! :p
......And it never occurred to you or your fellow boarder that this
"communicator" may have known the horse and its former owner previously?

Nah .. never seen or heard one before. Have seen the movie :p hehe .. but I dont think thats the same.

I dunno whether to believe this or not .. its kinda hard. Lol .. well if someone is able to tell the exact history of my old mare, Hunnie or even Cheek .. then I'll believe anything lol. I'm sure they can .. but I dunno. lol .. confuzzling

newrider.com