Talking of jumping...

angelfben

Jul 12, 2004
Cheshire
Visit site
.. tonight I suppose I had better jump Alps (first time since our "Thelwell moment" last week) :p

Please pray for the wind to die down for me! :eek: He was trying to bolt and bronc every few strides last night because of the wind, I am not looking forward to trying to jump in that weather and could do without another flying lesson, I'm only just recovering from last weeks 'unscheduled dismount' :p

If the weather doesnt settle down I wouldnt attempt to jump. The wings/poles could fly off and you could make your pony nervous. Just wait until he's not bolting and bronching and then go back to jumping.

:) Good luck though if you do decide to.

Oh he should be fine it's not exactly gale force, he's just stupidly spooky in the wind... but it will be a good exercise on securing my seat for me if nothing else :p Her has to learn to work through spooking anyway if I have any hope of competing him properly next summer :rolleyes:

I'm a bit peeved at the moment as someone on the yard has arranged some jumping lessons I could have joined in on (have been after some for ages after we hit a bit of a rut) but they're on Friday evenings and I have made other commitments for the next 2 weekends - sods law :rolleyes:

like others have said, id wait theres no point in either of you losing confidence in jumping. therell be plenty of days where it isntr windy im sure

but if you want then good luck

i was in the same situation yesterday.
very spooky horse, and lots of wind, all hell broke loose when a jump we were about to jump fell down :p
had to keep a deep seat more than usual but was all good ;)
that's british weather for you though eh?:rolleyes:

Yep I had full intentions of doing some no-stirrups work last night but hastily changed my mind after the first couple of mega-spooks :eek::p

It's raining now too :(

newrider.com