Talking of body protectors...

amylou_84

Jul 3, 2002
Edinburgh
Visit site
OH has said he would buy me one, but i have an old one that i hate and i dont want to buy another one to just not wear it!

Will they all make me stiff as a board? Whats the best make to get and how expensive are they!?

I have an aerowear zippa one that feels stiff at first but actually moulds to your body.

Cost me about £90 and is actually very comfortable (and very effective as I found out;))

I don't wear one personally, but I've heard good things about the Racesafe RS 2000

Adults-Racesafe-RS-2000-Body-Protector-1891.jpg

I was determined to buy the Racesafe 2000 in order to get a comfy bp as I have an old Jack Ellis stiff as a board one.

But tried it on and it felt so so claustrophobic that I couldnt bring my self to part with the £120!!

The Jack Ellis is still stiff in winter but in summer it is lovely and soft and it is really quite comfy all year round once warmed up.

A.

New BP out..is the 'outline' for got who its by, but its specially designed for women, and i can't stand bps but tried that on, and its actually comfy, well as comfy as a bp can get! lol

Charles owen gel one. Its actually amazing, I hated my last one but I love this one :D

Its like my comfort blanket now ahaha.

It was about 85pound i think and worth every penny :)

The outline one is the one i am after but i do like the cobra from champion.

if you go on to an online shop you can see the prices of your sizes for a rough estimate.

unless you really feel you want to and will wear it then i wouldnt worry about buying one.

if you are riding at the moment without (and learnt without i presume) then adding it now may make you feel unbalanced and 'clumsy'

dont buy one just because, i dont have one and dint mind saying at all, its not in the same league as a hat, a hat doesnt make you stiff and clumsy and prevent you from falling safely.

Have a Racesafe 2000, too, as the pic above, same colour...

My... ehem... breast area is a bit on the large side, and the others wouldn't have fitted whilst this moulds around you.

What a good idea, using one instead of a sports bra. Off to buy one straight away, my lad has the most uncomfortable trot :eek:

I'm looking at buying one too. EquiMall.org.uk do Harry Hall Adults 'Valentine' Body Protector for £48.99 including postage which is the best value I've found. No idea how comfy they are. Mark Todd ones are about £50 too.

Another Racesafe 2000 lover here! :D

I love not having to wear a sports bra too...it straps everything down! ;)

not sure what one ive got.

but tbh, i just forget im wearing it!
but ive ridden in it every single time for about 6 months now

I'm looking at buying one too. EquiMall.org.uk do Harry Hall Adults 'Valentine' Body Protector for £48.99 including postage which is the best value I've found. No idea how comfy they are. Mark Todd ones are about £50 too.

i just sent one back, totally thick and uncomfortable, makes you have to ride with your elbows sticking out, its really chunky and thick and sweaty. got my daughter one tho and kids ones are much thinner

Got an RS 2000 and I lurve it wear it all the time, just always get it fitted so it is most comfortable and doesn't catch on back of saddle

newrider.com