Taking Saturday off - a bit guilty

tbaynancy

Jul 27, 2009
I'm not going to see Rusty today - feel a bit guilty, but have to get some work done around the house. He'll be very happy since one of the young girls who has a currently lame TB is going to ride him - she's a fantastic rider and half my weight - he'll be thrilled! All I ever do is walk and trot but told L she's welcome to canter him - only reason I don't is that I'm too nervous, not that he's not capable.

Our YO is having a clinic Sunday afternoon on "Riding Equitation Patterns", so I'll have lots of time with him then.

Hey - don't you be feeling guilty!!!! Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that....lol. Hope you get your chores around the house done too! I am only just getting back into cantering after having almost 2 years of being too nervous!!! If you're anything like me, then one of these days when you're in the school (or maybe on a hack) you'll just think and feel that the time is right and have a go. Thats what happened for me the other day - I didn't build up to it or anything, it just kind of happened.
Well, enjoy your clinic on Sunday too - its nice when there is horsey stuff going on that you can go to on the yard. (They didn't do much like that when I used to keep ours on a yard).

I recently went to Blackpool for the weekend, and shockingly actually really enjoyed not having to muck out, or spend time with my horses.. It really made me realize, just what I'm missing..
BUT NOT ENOUGH TO GIVE THEM UP:D:D

I feel a bit guilty about wasting a Saturday with Iz today although the weather was rubbish anyway. I was looking at Horseboxes. But I know Izzy is perfectly happy having a day off although he might miss the apple or carrot I bring him.

newrider.com