tack storage ideas?

Nov 4, 2008
anyone have any ideas on what i can use/buy for storing 2 saddles and bridles? preferablly lockable or able to have lock fitted

LOVELY woman at my yard has informed me "there is no room for you here" whilst making me move my saddles from "her" room then locking it infront of me...so now my 2 new saddles are on a rug i laid on my stable floor with a nummnah covering them..waiting for the nice thefts we have had in area recently to come get them

so any ideas anyone? i like the ones in robinsons but bit strapped for cash atm

I would keep them at home for the time being. Have you spoken to the YO ?? How can she tell you there is no room and if she is the YO, why would she be stupid enough to think someone would go there knowing there wasnt room.

Could you get a cheap shed from argos ??? I know not that safe but as long as your insured....

Be careful LL - read T&C of tack insurance - you have to have a certain type of lock etc and they can void claims on tack not being secure enough.

Be careful LL - read T&C of tack insurance - you have to have a certain type of lock etc and they can void claims on tack not being secure enough.

As far as I remember as long as it doesnt have a window if so its barred and has a 5 lever mortice lock with my pet plan, not sure regarding the rest. Im sure if you call them they can advise.

Im sure someone who has had tack stolen from a shed could advise ?

i am going to yard owner about her tomorrow as there have been an incident with her so everytime ive been down when she has, shall see what he says then, although she is awfully nice to him so he is reluctant to step in as we are on a farm so he doesnt see anything, she has been a horror since me and my friend arrived as before we came she had a 12 acre+ field to herself and her own private tack room (was a storage room for everyone but she decided to put a lock on it for her stuff and not give anyone a key so they just use tack room but now that is rather crowded

i dont drive as im just learning atm so get lifts down from my friend, shall have a look on argos

i have tack insured with NFU, but wont be any good as not locked etc, may have to ask my diy handy bf to make me something until xmas time!

I would NFU as you might find they wont cover one of the boxes from robinsons if its sat on a yard or stable.

I would def speak to YO, why is this lovely lady entitled to a room to herself, maybe needs a little wake up call. Hide her lock ha ha ha

B&Q sell a similar one, its fab I have all sorts in mine, but you would struggle to mount a saddle on it without the plastic cracking etc I think?

People also use trailers/shipping containers if you can get an old used one.

Try to get hold of an old chest freezer that somebody is wanting rid of, thats what I used to use.

Could store it outside as watertight and fitted some padlocks on it
for security.

newrider.com