T4 GP cob - saddle flaps?

MaisieMoo

Oct 19, 2007
Does anyone have one of these saddles?

I got C fitted for one today - and I think we've now got a good fit using the fish and a prolite pad BUT the flaps are tiny - like pony size! I have very long legs (wear a 34' in trousers). Even saddler commented that I looked a bit silly.

It also didn't feel great - the seat was fine but I felt I wasn't able to apply my leg correctly.

Apparently the dressage saddle has longer flaps but I wil be doing some jumping and lots of hacking so I don't think that would be any good - if anyone has one please feel free to disagree.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

I had one for a while, didn't like it, the flaps are kind of small but I'd assumed it was just because it was a 17" when I mostly ride in a 17.5". My normal T4 was much nicer to ride in the the cob one. Why do you need Fish and a prolite pad? Needing both just to get a good fit makes me wonder if you'd get a better fit with a different saddle..

I need the padding due to uscles wastage - the medium wide is to narrow but the wide is a littie too wide which is why we have the fish and the prolite pad to allow his muscles to develop.

Did you use the standard t4 on your cob?

newrider.com