Tór went to the beach for the first time.

Wally

Apr 16, 2000
My friend Fi took him onto the water as she had her long boots on ,I only had my walking boots on. He took it all in his stride and showed Hreyfing how to go in and paddle, She was having non of it. So far everything I have shown him, he has taken in his stride without a care.

He found a bit of seaweed and waved it about a bit.

I read somewhere that Icelandic horses are excellent swimmers? Is that correct Wally or did I dream it? He is such a good boy, you must be thrilled with him, he's very handsome too.

Yes, they are very good swimmers. On that very beach Frances was doing exactly what we are doing there, when Hakon shoved past her, took the reins out of her hand and started swimming out to sea. I had to go in with my horse (his full brother) and turn him round.

I am very pleased with him. you have to be so careful buying unseen, and also buying from Iceland, Their idea of quiet and easy is not always my idea of quiet and easy.

His breeder is the same lady who bred Frances' Taktur, She has a very good insight into her horses personality, a lot of macho Icelandic men don;t see the personality, they see the means to an end sadly.

I told her what kind of person I was looking for, and how she described him was spot on. I sat on him for 2 minutes last week and he was more interested in what Fiona had in her pocketsis.

Last edited:
newrider.com