Swollen fetlocks

SilverKismet

Aug 4, 2008
E.Sussex
Kizzy's had a bit of swelling in her fetlocks since saturday.
She is not lame at all though, and it's in all four of them, and not much swelling either! Just feels a bit fluidy.
No heat or anything either.
I came back from school today and they weren't very swollen, she then started standing around a little bit and they got a but swollen again. I rode her after because she wasn't lame and was being herself completely and got off after, they had gone down a bit too. Then I cold hosed them after...
What could it be?
thanks x

It sounds similar to my boys odeama.

He only gets it in his back legs, I find its much better when hes out full time, and find that if he is stood still for too long they start to fill up again.

I would mention it to your vet or farrier next time you see/speak to them and see what they think about it :)

It sounds similar to my boys odeama.

He only gets it in his back legs, I find its much better when hes out full time, and find that if he is stood still for too long they start to fill up again.

I would mention it to your vet or farrier next time you see/speak to them and see what they think about it :)

thanks for fast reply! :)

has it been a problem?

thanks for fast reply! :)

has it been a problem?

No, the only problem I had was when he went lame it was difficult to see which swelling was odeama and which was injury. Other then that its fine. In the winter I make sure he gets maximum turnout possible and has enough excercise to keep the swelling minimal.

He is slightly stiffer coming out the box in the winter, or if he has been stood still for too long but after a minute of so he loosens up and is fine.

It doesn't effect his performance at all though :)

No, the only problem I had was when he went lame it was difficult to see which swelling was odeama and which was injury. Other then that its fine. In the winter I make sure he gets maximum turnout possible and has enough excercise to keep the swelling minimal.

He is slightly stiffer coming out the box in the winter, or if he has been stood still for too long but after a minute of so he loosens up and is fine.

It doesn't effect his performance at all though :)

Thanks very much! Will let vet/farrier know next time and see what happens over next few days :)

newrider.com