Sweet and sour day

eml

Apr 29, 2002
Leicestershire
www.ivanhoeequestrian.net
Sweet part, last night we bought unseen a coloured cob who a friend had rescued from some travellers. We knew she was poor and had a horrible mite infestationi with many open sores .On arrival we discovered she was also lice ridden. Bathed in insectecide shampoo , all feathers removed and open sores treated, covered in louse powder, wormed, purple spray on feet and fed . no protest at all from this super chilled mare.....give her a summer on our fields and she will be a superstar

Sour part we had to say goodnight to Bullseye We have been worried about him for some time but today he collapsed , He was thought to be about 30 but was an all round superstar.

The life you give your riding school ponies is to be envied, I'd want to come back as one of your RS ponies.

Your Pikey pony will be in the riding school finals next year , I have no doubt

I am sorry for Bullseye, but so glad for the little pikey mare. She will have a wonderful life with you, and the temperament of those gypsy ponies is often superb.

So glad you have been able to offer a wonderful home to a sweet little mare in need. I am sure she will thrive.

So sorry to read about Bullseye Eml, he had as the new pony will do, a wonderful life with you, I think any horse would be very lucky to land at your door.

Update: horse is going to be a substantial 15.2ish heavy weight cob type. Although skinny ( been used as a breeding machine) and totally lacking muscle she has lots of bone. She is a delight to handle but very reactive to sudden movement and does not like men. I suspect she has taken a few beatings in her life.Plan is to give her a few weeks to settle and gain weight and then explore her riding ( she is supposed to be trained to ride and .drive but we will assume nohing and basically restart her) I would guestimate her as around 8. .and has now been named as 'Bessie'. Her legs look better already and we will press on wiht passporting etc.

Shame about the oldie but I'll bet he had a great life with you.

I'm sure the new girl will be right as rain I no time, especially with spring just around the corner :)

newrider.com