Supplements to assist breathing

PacerPassion

Mar 22, 2009
Sevenoaks, Kent
Millie's nostrils seem to have become a bit gunked up over the past few weeks and am looking for a supplement that may help her.

Her breathing rate is normal and unrestricted, just when she breathes out through her nostrils she sounds 'wet', guess like we do when we have a cold but nose isn't actually blocked, does that make sense?

She has had no discharge and is happy in herself, drinking and eating normally and temperature is fine so am confident she's not poorly, just feels like she needs to have one big snort to clear the airways. She was on a dusty bed for a short period which I'm sure is when this started and now is on 100% dust free bedding and soaked hay.

Does anyone know of any supplements that might help?

Our mare was diagnosed with onset of COPD a few years ago, which is managed without suppliments if she is out 24/7 and on haylage in winter ( at a pinch soaked Hay), if she has to be stabled for any reason she is on bedmax and goes on to Supersolvitax Respiration Formula and it works a treat.

I've used Hilton Freeway and found it very good. I've also used the Global Herbs one when I had a mare with a bad cough, can't remember what its called but I used it with Immune Plus and it worked within days, cough gone in about 3 days and this was a cough that had worked its way around the yard.

I can recommend Winergy ventilate, best thing I've ever come across to be honest. My girl has COPD and its helped her out no end. To be honest I can't sing its praises highly enough.

newrider.com