Sunday success!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Well, we might not go anywhere but the school atm, but what a lovely pleasant ride we had this afternoon. Storm was once again springy and quite jaunty - and so well behaved, despite the next field being full of newly arrived sheepies:giggle: Hoof perfect and deserved every last morsel of her treat when untacked!:inlove::inlove: And the big bonus is - it's still daylight and we're having home made chicken curry tonight - with nowhere pressured to go tomorrow (we work from home but don't have to see suppliers or customers tomorrow - hurrah!!). So, Dr Who at the ready, weak lager chilling as I type..................:giggle::cloud9: Hope you've all had a smashing Sunday too.

Sounds like a great Sunday Trews! So glad Storm is feeling springy again.

I've had a good Sunday too. Watched the first f1 race of the new season with the OH & his sister this morning. Went to choir practice where we got new music which is lovely (a song called flying free). Then came home and had a nice long Skype session with my brother, sis in law & nephew. To top it all off OH made yummy fajitas for dinner which we had whilst watching an episode of mythbusters we'd never seen before.

Sundays are good!!

I had an exhausting Sunday. Got up at 5am as my youngest son had earache. Got to the yard at 6:30am and then jumped Ben round our longest course yet (6 whole jumps linked together). Went home and took my boys to soft play as the weather was foul. Got home, did some paper machee craft, had lunch then made some cakes with my boys. Went back to the yard and rode for another 40 minutes (including 20 solid minutes in trot which I was pleased with). Went home, made a roast dinner, played with the boys, did homework, bathed and put to bed, and now i am here drinking wine nodding off.

I have no idea what I used to do on Sundays before I had children or a horse - oh yes I remember. I used to SLEEP!

Both my husband and I were up in shifts in the night between our daughter not sleeping and the flippin teenagers congregating around some cars with their stereo on :stomp:

We all slept in til 9ish the went to London for a day out. Home at 6:30, saw my horse on the way home and they had fish and chips for supper before I put one very tired child to bed. I'm in bed now with a hot chocolate drink - very rock and roll.

I had a good day too. Had my first unaided shower and managed to wash and dry my hair too. I've managed to stand up much straighter today and feel like I'm on the road to recovery as I didn't need to sleep, I've mostly been sleeping 3+ hours during the day. I'm really bored and fed up but trying to remember this is short term and my choice so I don't get too grumpy!

It sounds like you have all had a lovely weekend.

I think breaking up with OH has finally hit me (I know it is the right thing to do but I think I had managed to distract myself up until the start of the weekend) and I woke up on Saturday morning feeling awful. I've just had a really blocked up nose, pounding sore head, sore throat and generally feeling a bit wheezy. So I have spent all this weekend in bed feeling sorry for myself. I am feeling just about human again now though which is good as I'm going to be very busy in work this week and I've got a jumping lesson on Thursday night to look forward to so a good week ahead to make up for a rather lousy weekend :)

I had a good day too. Had my first unaided shower and managed to wash and dry my hair too. I've managed to stand up much straighter today and feel like I'm on the road to recovery as I didn't need to sleep, I've mostly been sleeping 3+ hours during the day. I'm really bored and fed up but trying to remember this is short term and my choice so I don't get too grumpy!

Progress then! :smile:

You guys all sound like you had busy Sunday's!!! (Rubic, hope you are on the mend soon). Hats off to those with kids - don't know how or where you find the energy!lol
gail-rose, the choir practice sounds nice - it is a long time ago now but I used to enjoy singing in the school choir - very uplifting.

It is uplifting Trewsers! I was in the choir and the orchestra at school and had really missed being part of a musical group. A new community choir started up in my mums local church in January so I joined up. It's great!

newrider.com