Sunday hack to the pub fun

Gattino

Happy Appy
Jul 16, 2012
Ireland
So today three of us from yard took our horses for a hack to a country pub, another friend was supposed to come too but unfortunately her babysitter fell through.

We headed off in our high vis, pretty direct route up one country road for about 25mins then about 15 on a slightly busier country road.

Cyrus was very good hadn't taken him on a hack that long on roads before and he was happy enough to just follow his horsey friends (he isn't the quickest walking so got to go at the back).

Arrived up at pub and it was very busy and lots of cars so after dismounted brought them through gates of overflow carpark across road. There is also a golf course there and had to tell Cyrus no he could not go eat the grass on the golf course :giggle: he was very chilled and as the most relaxed of the three horses one of the others held him while I went to get us some soft drinks.

My friend then arrived with her kids and we hung around for a while. I'd brought cookies for us and my friend had apples for the horses to have a snack. The tourist were delighted to see horses at the pub too :bounce:

Then we headed for home. Shortly after headed off Cyrus had a spook because very kind car drivers had stopped, luckily they had as he gave himself a fright and danced across the road, silly boyo :biggrin: then carried on as though nothing had happened.

Was good fun and nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon and was good to get some more experience riding on roads with safe friends and fairly sensible horses.

Cyrus got a sneaky small handful of feed after a rub down for being such a good boy :giggle:

Last edited:
newrider.com