Sugar's triumphant return to the saddle!!!

Unbridled

Formerly Appy_Luv
Dec 29, 2004
USA
Visit site
After two months off due to injuries my girl has finally become able to work again! True, she's lost all of her muscle tone from so much idle time, but she's moving great. I saddled her up today and rode her on the gravel roads near my house. I didn't want to overdo it on the first day so I only rode for about 15 minutes and only at walk. But she handled the hills just great and seemed to feel fine at the end of it. I'm going to gradually build her up until she's moving faster and for longer periods of time.

I'm so happy!! For a while there we were really scared she might have to be permanantly retired.

:D :D :D

Thats great to hear!
My old horse once got kicked in the knee by another horse, it was literally a bloody mess, he had to get tonz of stitches. I hate the feeling of your horse being hurt, and not being able to just wave a magic wand and make it all better!

That really is great news, I bet she is happy to be back to work :D I bet she will build up that muscle in no time.

J x

it must have felt great being back in the saddle especially as there was a chance she'd have to be retired. Glad you making a nice slow start to getting her back to work.

It was a wonderful feeling. And she really did seem to enjoy herself. I mean, she'd never even been ridden on these roads before because she got injured just after we moved her. Plus, given the fact she's been off work so long I was afraid maybe she wouldn't feel the same about it anymore. But as soon as I asked her to she set off, no hesitation or napping whatsoever. Although we did have a bit of a discussion over whether or not she could eat the grass on the side of the road while waiting for a car to pass. :rolleyes:

newrider.com